Is the AT&T HTC One X available for purchase anywhere?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be back-ordered or out of stock everywhere I see. What exactly is the reason for this supply crunch? Anybody know when the phones will be back in stock again? My Samsung Captivate is very close to giving up the ghost and I was waiting for HTC to fix some of the bugs before pulling the trigger, but now it looks like I might have made a mistake waiting and not ordering the phone when I had the chance.

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be back-ordered or out of stock everywhere I see. What exactly is the reason for this supply crunch? Anybody know when the phones will be back in stock again? My Samsung Captivate is very close to giving up the ghost and I was waiting for HTC to fix some of the bugs before pulling the trigger, but now it looks like I might have made a mistake waiting and not ordering the phone when I had the chance.

It's only been going on for two weeks now. :p

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x-and-evo-4g-lte-imports-stalled-us-customs

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You can check the following...

ATT Stores/Corp Stores
Walmart
Best Buy/Best Buy Mobil
COSTCO (Buy you need a membership with them to buy...)
Sam's club

Really itts hit or miss. I also found that its best to just go there. A lot of the time they don't know what the device is unless its a wireless store or an ATT corp store. Hope this helps!

Cheers

Fraydog

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Update: there are people on XDA who are hearing different stories from different people in AT&T saying the One X is not even available for sale any more.

This whole debacle is making my head hurt but it would be nice if AT&T would make a definitive statement on the customs situation as well as the technical issues this device has. I'm waiting until these issues are resolved until I pull the trigger here.

Last edited:

The Kernel

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
There are quite a few (in BOTH colors) at the RadioShack's near me (Western NY). It's $179.99 and the only problem is that pesky $36 upgrade fee.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Damn no good! Glad I got mine now then! Also note that they are having issues with the Evo LTE also I think. THey have not had its "release" yet...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You can't get one in Atlanta and surrounding cities for love or money.

And to think I had one, and then returned it. Honestly...

At least I'm hoping by my next one, there will be an update, thus all issues resolved.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well so far I love mine! I am enjoying my white HOX. There will be an OTA soon I'm sure to start fixing the bugs with the OS. if you have one now...Consider your self lucky! I know many people who are trying to get one now as we speak. And to think Sometimes next week I am sure they will no longer have to look! Its a great device even with its bugs. I can wait it out. I know that I'm one the luck few!

:p

Cheers

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
We just got a Grey one for my wife yesterday at Costco (in store) for $190 with an included "bundle" containing a few cases, screen protectors, etc. They also had them available online. Of course you have to be a member.

-Brett.

x5denali

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One is is available for purchase at many Best Buys. Look on their website and it will tell you which location has them (most only have white). Also Wal*Mart which ran a circular for $158 this weekend has the Grey. I bought mine from BB two weeks ago and took the Wal*Mart circular in on Sunday and they price-matched (refunded) the difference.

x5denali

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can't get one in Atlanta and surrounding cities for love or money.

And to think I had one, and then returned it. Honestly...

At least I'm hoping by my next one, there will be an update, thus all issues resolved.
The One X is available in Atlanta. That's where I purchased mine. Check BestBuy's website for locations.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Because I'm now locked into 30 days return with AT&T, and I sold my iPhone to AT&T. Hence I need to get my HTC One X from AT&T...

Anyway, we wait ;)

The One X is available in Atlanta. That's where I purchased mine. Check BestBuy's website for locations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The hold is affecting accessories too. I tried to order the Car kit from my local store, and they said it ended up being on back-order because of the whole customs thing. Cancelled the order and I'll get it if it's ever in stock again.