1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird bug: screen loses drag sensitivity sometimes?

Sometimes, maybe once a day or so, my screen loses drag sensitivity. i.e. if I try to scroll up/down in an app (like Gmail), it won't work - instead the screen registers my drag as a touch/click. It's most noticable on the unlock screen - takes a few attempts to drag the circle upward.

It goes away after I click the display on/off several times. Not a big deal, but kind of annoying. My previous One X did not have this issue, but the new one I received (swapped it out at AT&T) does. Weird.

Default Re: Weird bug: screen loses drag sensitivity sometimes?

on the market, get a screen testing app and see if you do have digitizer issues..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is there a specific app you could recommend? I tried a couple but they just test how the display looks...

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Check out "Phone Tester". That one has a touch-test.

Here's one,

and another one

Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Interesting - my device only registers 2 fingers. Is that normal? 3 or more, it still only shows 2 dots (but they don't disappear like they do if I just use 2 fingers).

Edit - ah I see, needed to enable an option in the settings to allow 3+ fingers.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Weird, this issue only seems to happen when my phone is charging and near 95% or higher. Once I unplug it, the issue disappears quickly, within a few seconds. The app sniffs recommended is helpful - it shows how dragging registers as several touches rather than an actual drag. Very weird.

I've had that same issue, but only when using the bookmark widget. Once I removed the widget the problem went away.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM7 (N1), Stock (HOX)

The only touch issue I've seen is when playing Draw Something. It seems that the screen cannot keep up with fast movement as when coloring a section in (think scribbling). Happens when trying to spell something too. Best example, when trying to write a lowercase 'e' it usually ends up looking like a circle unless I go slow.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums