Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 83
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    I must say that Android 4.0.4 made this phone just much more... fluid and makes the phone feel smooth. It wasn't horrid with 4.0.3 but, my device at least, is just so much more enjoyable to use. However, Android isn't **** ugly or lacking in features anymore, HTC should reel Sense back a bit. Honestly the only thing I like about Sense is the widgets/camera app. I think JB looks great and I prefer to it Sense.

    I won't root though, I thought about it but 1) it just looks... frightening, and this is coming from someone who isn't even tech illiterate, I didn't hesitate to jailbreak my iPhone 3G way back then and 2) I lose too many features, stuff doesn't work like it should, etc.

    Storage doesn't matter to me though because I listen to like the same 10 songs despite having 2,000+ on my home computer.
  2. #27  

    Default

    Upgrading to 4.0.4 also gave the total memory around 100 more MB free so that definitely helps with multitasking.
  3. #28  
    bigrey81's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by orange-man View Post
    The reason I returned mine in favor of the GS3 is that with third party apps, if you leave the app and then return to it, you have to start all over again. For example if you scroll down in Facebook to the 30th post and then switch over to check the weather for literally 5 seconds then return to Facebook, it reloads and you start at the top. Same for any game, Twitter, etc. It seems like HTC doesn't want to keep these apps open when you switch away, even if you return in just a few seconds. I wanted to toss it out the window as I have no desire to root. It was a shame, because the screen is incredible, but having to continually start from the beginning was too frustrating for me. GS3 doesn't have this issue.
    The multitasking issue has been fixed with the latest update for the hox
  4. #29  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    938 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by adamtalife View Post
    As far as the price drop, the only thing I can relate that to is the popularity contest with the gs3. Obviously the GS3 is way more popular the the HOX. Samsung did a great job advertising and they bring a great product to the table. Wether the s3 is a better phone compared to the HoX, not for me to decide I've never used one. All I was saying is I love my phone and imo its hard not to love.

    I, also am a complete android noob/newb however it's supposed to used. After a little bit of researching I've become confident enough to flash a custom rom, just to find out its not as scary as it seems. It's pretty easy and if you decide to settle with the HoX me or any other competent HoX user can assist you. Also from what I've read it will void your warranty with HTC. So really all you gotta do is get insurance through another party like best buy or at&t.

    I bought my phone on release day from AT&T, never had any wifi/bluetooth/GPS issues.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    It's not a popularity contest. The One X isn't selling as well as HTC thought it would. That's why their financial performance is still in a free-fall. The GS3 is a better phone, period. It hits all the checklists and doesn't make any compromises. It goes above and beyond what HTC could deliver and it did it as the same on-contract price as the One X. There's a reason why they rushed the device out as early as they did - and even then GS2s and Skyrockets on AT&T were still selling like hotcakes, cause AT&T/Samsung dropped the price on them to $99/$149 and then had that $0 promotion on the GS2/Exynos and later dropped the SR to $99 on contract.

    The only way to sell the One X decently is to drop it down to a tier where it is competing with devices like the GS2/GS2 Skyrocket, Sony XPeria Ion, Atrix HD, and iPhone 4 8GB. When you put it in that tier, yes it looks like a beast.

    Compared to the GS3 - it looks almost mid-range.

    It doesn't help that HTC hyped up their ImageSense chip yet Samsung was able to almost replicate its performance in the absense of said ImageSense chip. The camera and camera software were the most important marketing advantages of this phone, and Samsung has pretty much caught up to HTC there.

    They have nothing else to really market against the GS3. Slightly better screen? They can try that, but I wouldn't think they were serious. Apart from that, there is nothing except the external build which doesn't matter to the hoards of people who leave the AT&T store with a 50% off Otterbox case when they purchase the phone, anyways...

    The average consumer doesn't flash ROMs, care about locked or unlocked bootloaders, doesn't know what rooting is/means, and is too busy/pre-occupied to spend even a small portion of their day reading techie forums like XDA or (to a lesser extent) Android Central. They just want to pick up their phone and use it, and they want it to work the way they expect it to work.
    Last edited by n8ter; 08-08-2012 at 10:38 AM.
  5. #30  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    938 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber View Post
    What is this multi-tasking issue? Can't kill running apps? Drains battery?

    I too favor the HOX display over the GS3. Coming from a iPhone 4 I'm not a fan of the over prominent blues and reds on the GS3, the HOX has crisp whites probably better than the iPhone 4 which has a slight yellow hue.
    In the GS3 make sure "Auto-Adjust Display Power" is off, and you can adjust the color temperature on Samsung device screens. I think that's built in to the GS3, but for the GS2 there is an App in the market for it.

    I noticed issues with whites on my SR but they disappeared when I turned off the Display Power setting. Screen is a lot brighter now, and the white in the web browser is a true white now.
  6. #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locote25 View Post
    The price drop may be because of a rumored One x making its way to the US with a rumored quad-core and Android 4.1 aka Jelly Bean running stock. But you can't beat getting that super phone for just 100 bucks..... I think even radio shack is selling them for only 50

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Actually the super One X features a ramped up quad core, but only for international users. If you read the articles in detail, there will be no quad core version in the US. The price has dropped to compete with the S3, which is smart because there have been a few sales and promotions to get the S3 for as low as 140 bucks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  7. #32  
    locote25's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    ROM
    CM 10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Actually the super One X features a ramped up quad core, but only for international users. If you read the articles in detail, there will be no quad core version in the US. The price has dropped to compete with the S3, which is smart because there have been a few sales and promotions to get the S3 for as low as 140 bucks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    You can see here how TMO and ATT may have it


    pocketnow.com/2012/08/08/latest-htc-one-x-leak-sounds-consistent-with-earlier-rumors/

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by locote25; 08-08-2012 at 10:14 PM.
  8. #33  
    DizWhiz's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter View Post

    The only way to sell the One X decently is to drop it down to a tier where it is competing with devices like the GS2/GS2 Skyrocket, Sony XPeria Ion, Atrix HD, and iPhone 4 8GB. When you put it in that tier, yes it looks like a beast.

    Compared to the GS3 - it looks almost mid-range.
    .
    Wow this cracked me up thanks for the laugh. The GS3 has its obvious perks but the terrible scratch friendly materials, blueish amoled screen and imho worse skin make it equal if not worse than the One X.

    The real difference in sales comes from an extraordinary marketing budget but forth by Samsung and it's partners.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  9. #34  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,737 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter View Post
    In the GS3 make sure "Auto-Adjust Display Power" is off, and you can adjust the color temperature on Samsung device screens. I think that's built in to the GS3, but for the GS2 there is an App in the market for it.

    I noticed issues with whites on my SR but they disappeared when I turned off the Display Power setting. Screen is a lot brighter now, and the white in the web browser is a true white now.
    I would guess that maybe you should read up on display tech. There's more than just color temperature that determines how accurate the white is on a display.

    As for displays in general, the SLCD2 on the One X is superior in just about every measurable way (except for black level obviously). It's also subjectively superior according to a majority of people that have seen them side-by-side. If you prefer the SAMOLED that's up to you, but that doesn't make it technically superior.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter View Post
    It's not a popularity contest. The One X isn't selling as well as HTC thought it would. That's why their financial performance is still in a free-fall. The GS3 is a better phone, period. It hits all the checklists and doesn't make any compromises. It goes above and beyond what HTC could deliver and it did it as the same on-contract price as the One X. There's a reason why they rushed the device out as early as they did - and even then GS2s and Skyrockets on AT&T were still selling like hotcakes, cause AT&T/Samsung dropped the price on them to $99/$149 and then had that $0 promotion on the GS2/Exynos and later dropped the SR to $99 on contract.

    The only way to sell the One X decently is to drop it down to a tier where it is competing with devices like the GS2/GS2 Skyrocket, Sony XPeria Ion, Atrix HD, and iPhone 4 8GB. When you put it in that tier, yes it looks like a beast.

    Compared to the GS3 - it looks almost mid-range.

    It doesn't help that HTC hyped up their ImageSense chip yet Samsung was able to almost replicate its performance in the absense of said ImageSense chip. The camera and camera software were the most important marketing advantages of this phone, and Samsung has pretty much caught up to HTC there.

    They have nothing else to really market against the GS3. Slightly better screen? They can try that, but I wouldn't think they were serious. Apart from that, there is nothing except the external build which doesn't matter to the hoards of people who leave the AT&T store with a 50% off Otterbox case when they purchase the phone, anyways...

    The average consumer doesn't flash ROMs, care about locked or unlocked bootloaders, doesn't know what rooting is/means, and is too busy/pre-occupied to spend even a small portion of their day reading techie forums like XDA or (to a lesser extent) Android Central. They just want to pick up their phone and use it, and they want it to work the way they expect it to work.
    God, I hate posts like this. Instead of debunking line by line your abundant use of hyperbole I will simply point out that many of the people I've seen on these forums who actually own both phones prefer the one x. And that two of the editors of this very website use it as their weapon of choice.

    It is also worth noting that this is a thread about owners of the one x giving their honest opinions of the device. It's not meant as a competition. You saw the phrase "popularity contest" and wrote a doctoral dissertation about why your choice (and thereby your opinion) is inarguably right for everyone in all circumstances. Others don't like this... Please stop.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 4:
  11. #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iknownothing View Post
    God, I hate posts like this. Instead of debunking line by line your abundant use of hyperbole I will simply point out that many of the people I've seen on these forums who actually own both phones prefer the one x. And that two of the editors of this very website use it as their weapon of choice.

    It is also worth noting that this is a thread about owners of the one x giving their honest opinions of the device. It's not meant as a competition. You saw the phrase "popularity contest" and wrote a doctoral dissertation about why your choice (and thereby your opinion) is inarguably right for everyone in all circumstances. Others don't like this... Please stop.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    And you think God has to be brought into your post. I assure you, he doesn't care about your phone preference.

    It is also worth noting that the majority of people globally prefer the S3. Thus the sales thru the roof.

    Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  12. #37  
    DizWhiz's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    And you think God has to be brought into your post. I assure you, he doesn't care about your phone preference.

    It is also worth noting that the majority of people globally prefer the S3. Thus the sales thru the roof.

    Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Isn't it bad enough that we have platform trolls? Bickering and device chest thumping between Android users is just saddening.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 5:
  13. #38  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,737 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    And you think God has to be brought into your post. I assure you, he doesn't care about your phone preference.

    It is also worth noting that the majority of people globally prefer the S3. Thus the sales thru the roof.

    Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    I'm not going to bother pointing out all the times in history that being the most popular doesn't always make you the best, or right.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    And you think God has to be brought into your post. I assure you, he doesn't care about your phone preference.

    Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Prove it!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  15. #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    And you think God has to be brought into your post. I assure you, he doesn't care about your phone preference.

    It is also worth noting that the majority of people globally prefer the S3. Thus the sales thru the roof.

    Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Or, to be precise, the majority of bought the S3 because Samsung had infinitely better marketing. More people buy McDonalds every day than gourmet cuisine. Does that make it better?

    Oh and to the guys saying a tegra 3 One X will be sold I. The U.S., here's a quote from your article. While there are no new details regarding the handsetís debut on T-Mobile, LandOfDroid claims that the phone is also known as the HTC Evitaire and will be making its way to AT&T.

    There you have it. You have one guy claiming something no facts to back it up with. I'd also point out that the tegra 3 doesn't work with lte, so that makes it close to impossible.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

    Default

    Missing link?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  17. #42  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Or, to be precise, the majority of bought the S3 because Samsung had infinitely better marketing. More people buy McDonalds every day than gourmet cuisine. Does that make it better?
    This ends the argument cause very few companies can match Samsung in terms of marketing.


    Author of NoobTech:
    Thanked by:
  18. #43  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Also I'm pretty excited that this might be in store for the next Sense update i.e. Sense 4.1
    I guess the average user might avoid rooting when he gets this. I know I won't.



    Author of NoobTech:
  19. #44  
    locote25's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    ROM
    CM 10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post

    There you have it. You have one guy claiming something no facts to back it up with. I'd also point out that the tegra 3 doesn't work with lte, so that makes it close to impossible.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    While is a Tegra processor and it is quad core, it is not the same the original One x was launched with... which like you said is not compatible with Lte.... but let's just wait.... just keep on eye on those rumors.... they are rumors though but they are very credible... given the fact that it hasn't only appeared in one of those sites but several....

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  20. #45  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,737 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by locote25 View Post
    While is a Tegra processor and it is quad core, it is not the same the original One x was launched with... which like you said is not compatible with Lte.... but let's just wait.... just keep on eye on those rumors.... they are rumors though but they are very credible... given the fact that it hasn't only appeared in one of those sites but several....

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    The Tegra with built-in LTE suppport won't be out until early 2013, according to nVidia's own roadmap. It'll have the Icera modem integrated on the SoC, much like Qualcomm is doing now.

    There are also other Tegra version that'll be out sooner, like the Tegra+ (or whatever the codename is) that'll have slightly better graphics and clockspeeds.

    If we have any hope of seeing quad-core with LTE built-in AND at least the same battery life we have now this year, it'll be from Qualcomm. We already know that their quad-core will be available this year, with improved graphics through the Adreno 320, and LTE support on die for good battery life.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 3:
  21. #46  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    938 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by iknownothing View Post
    God, I hate posts like this. Instead of debunking line by line your abundant use of hyperbole I will simply point out that many of the people I've seen on these forums who actually own both phones prefer the one x. And that two of the editors of this very website use it as their weapon of choice.

    It is also worth noting that this is a thread about owners of the one x giving their honest opinions of the device. It's not meant as a competition. You saw the phrase "popularity contest" and wrote a doctoral dissertation about why your choice (and thereby your opinion) is inarguably right for everyone in all circumstances. Others don't like this... Please stop.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Please don't call my post a doctoral dissertation when you display such embarrassing use of grammar and sentence structure in yours.

    Focus on the content, not your assumptions. I read the whole thread before I posted. I know what it's about. I replied to a specific post. Deal with it or either ignore me or that post.

    Ciao!
    Thanked by:
  22. #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    The Tegra with built-in LTE suppport won't be out until early 2013, according to nVidia's own roadmap. It'll have the Icera modem integrated on the SoC, much like Qualcomm is doing now.

    There are also other Tegra version that'll be out sooner, like the Tegra+ (or whatever the codename is) that'll have slightly better graphics and clockspeeds.

    If we have any hope of seeing quad-core with LTE built-in AND at least the same battery life we have now this year, it'll be from Qualcomm. We already know that their quad-core will be available this year, with improved graphics through the Adreno 320, and LTE support on die for good battery life.
    Now if the One X+ has one of those new Qualcomm chips like the one in the Dev tablet I'll buy one so fast the cell store guy will be like "Hey where'd this money in my hand come from? And where'd that new phone go?"

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  23. #48  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    938 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Or, to be precise, the majority of bought the S3 because Samsung had infinitely better marketing. More people buy McDonalds every day than gourmet cuisine. Does that make it better?
    No, that makes it cheaper. Which is why HTC/AT&T is lowering the price on the One X. That analogy was almost terrible. More people can afford it, therefore more people will buy it. It's the laws of economics. You can't go into debt at a gourmet restaurant. They don't do Mortgages...

    Oh and to the guys saying a tegra 3 One X will be sold I. The U.S., here's a quote from your article. While there are no new details regarding the handsetís debut on T-Mobile, LandOfDroid claims that the phone is also known as the HTC Evitaire and will be making its way to AT&T.
    T-Mobile requires DC HSPA+ for their phones and the Tegra 3 - IIRC - doesn't support that yet (if it does, that's news to me). That's how they get 42Mbps (2 x 21) and typically those phones have absolutely bad battery life on moderate to heavy use compared to an AT&T HSPA+ 21Mbps phone. Probably the reason why T-Mobile hasn't launched any phones with 720p screens, yet.

    T3 nor the new Exynos Quad support US LTE networks. NVidia and Samsung don't seem to be in too big a rush, either.

    BTW when you have requirements and one phone meets them while another doesn't, it makes it the better device. Better is ALWAYS subjective, except in obvious cases.
  24. #49  

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    I agree completely with the initial post and if I was buying a phone today, I'd still get the HOX over the S3 or anything else out there.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

    Folks, I just want to say thanks for all the honest, straightforward opinions. I'm rewarding myself with an Android phone purchase (either One X or G3) after I complete a certain project so of course I'm trying to figure which phone to go with. Threads like this -- calm discussions without hate rhetoric -- are hugely helpful.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B