Switched from Blackberry torch to One X.

twp98

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
All I have to say is wow. This phone leavs the blackberry in the dust. The only thing that worrys me about the one X is the data. With the blackberry I could turn everything off and not use any. With the new phone it looks like some things run all the time. Like the stock weather app from At@t. I will just have to keep playing with it until I figure it all out.

dportal2006

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
All I have to say is wow. This phone leavs the blackberry in the dust. The only thing that worrys me about the one X is the data. With the blackberry I could turn everything off and not use any. With the new phone it looks like some things run all the time. Like the stock weather app from At@t. I will just have to keep playing with it until I figure it all out.

Just download the control switch from the market that allows you to turn 4g on and off. It will save you a lot of battery and will prevent apps from using data when you are not using them. Also most of those apps have options that allow the updates to be set to manual instead of automatic. I agree with you. I switched from Blackberry to Android and I am never ever going back. There is just no comparison really.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

You can turn off mobile data bit you won't get mms. You can also set the weather to refresh every 2 or 4 hours. You can get by on the 2gb plan, but not the 200mb unless your on WiFi 90% of the time. I've tried lol

My wife has the torch and i'dhave it too if I didn't switch to android os.

Sent from my HTC One X

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You can turn off mobile data bit you won't get mms. You can also set the weather to refresh every 2 or 4 hours. You can get by on the 2gb plan, but not the 200mb unless your on WiFi 90% of the time. I've tried lol

My wife has the torch and i'dhave it too if I didn't switch to android os.

Sent from my HTC One X

Im getting the 5gb plan. :p Dont mind too much about payin a lil extra for data. It would be really cool if at&t bumped up their plans tho. Like verizon,they have a plan with up to 20gb.! Id be set with 10 tho lol.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
If you don't mind sprint sprint has a great unlimited plan.

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums
Have sprint right now. The slow data speeds that are over 80% of the time less then .5Mb /sec are horrible. The only time i see speeds over 1Mb is at 0100 at night lol.

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the 200mb with at@t. Im am on wifi most of the time. I would only use 30mb or less a month with my torch.

I also switched to a gnex from a torch. As for data I am up here in Canada on bell and have their 1gb plan and it works great for me as i use wifi 70% of the time. I am afraid your 200mb wont last you long. I averaged 300-400mb on my torch and now use 650-800mb on my gnex a month. Big piece of advice stream video over wifi rather then data plan, as you can easily go over a gb watching a few hd YouTube short videos.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the 200mb with at@t. Im am on wifi most of the time. I would only use 30mb or less a month with my torch.

But we should all take in account that blackberry was a champ in data management. Look what happened when the original iPhone came out, people were blowing through there data in no time. It wasn't because of data speeds it was from web page rendering differences, and from real push notification.

You'll never take my unlimited data!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
But we should all take in account that blackberry was a champ in data management. Look what happened when the original iPhone came out, people were blowing through there data in no time. It wasn't because of data speeds it was from web page rendering differences, and from real push notification.

You'll never take my unlimited data!

BBs also compressed data by default. Stock browser and opera mini used 1/4 of data Android and iOS did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress