What Keyboard Are You Using?

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I dislike the stock HTC keyboard. Its too big for me. I also don't like Swiftkey either. I like a plain simple keyboard with a few hidden options that also looks good. My favorite right now is Thumbkeyboard. Its simple, lots of customize settings and has lots of themes built in. No downloading of extra themes. What are you using on your HOX?

una7ujen.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I personnally have loved every htc stock keyboard. Didnt ever use any untill i disliked that it didnt vibrate on my old evo,then switched to an ics keyboard,but them figured out i didnt have vibration on press cheaked in the keyboard settings so i went back to the stock one. :p but i love the sense 4 one on the one x. Seems better then all past sense's keyboards imo.

aclayej#AC

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
With Thumbkeyboard you can adjust the vibration settings to what you want. Same goes for the sound. You can change the sounds, volume of it or turn it off.

You can also adjust the size of it. The width and height or choose from some predefined layouts.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using SwiftKey. The auto correct is spot-on and it has really increased the speed of my typing. All software keyboards are too small for my fat thumbs so I have to rely on accurate auto correction...to me, hands down, SwiftKey is the best in this regard.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I liked the stock HTC keyboard at first, but the lack of any correction features, combined with a penchant for getting things incorrect in the first place, meant I wasted a lot of time correcting all those mistakes.

Went back to Swype beta and can type about 4x faster than stock HTC, mostly due to double-tap to correct. The fact they are both trace keyboards lulled me into thinking they were about the same. Not even close.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey all the way.
The more you use it, the more it learns and the better it gets. In a couple weeks you end up typing way less, and therefore faster. Stick with it for a week minimum. You'll never swype again.

6ynyje8y.jpg

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
By the way, Swiftkey 3 just got an update today (9/6). Nothing much in the change log other than crash fixes.

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I was running the swiftkey3 trial and was considering upgrading until I started using voice to text. I don't think I'll upgrade now since the regular keyboard works fine and the voice to text catches most of my voice and transcribes it almost perfectly.

Swiftkey3 was .99 this week the last time I checked. Down from $2.99.

blackberry260

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I didn't like the stock Samsung keyboard so I first went with Perfect Keyboard free and it was/is ok but it didn't increase my typing speed like SwiftKey 3 trial did. I actually type faster with near perfect accuracy with SwiftKey like I used to with my blackberry. I may actually buy this app soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I was running the swiftkey3 trial and was considering upgrading until I started using voice to text. I don't think I'll upgrade now since the regular keyboard works fine and the voice to text catches most of my voice and transcribes it almost perfectly.

Swiftkey3 was .99 this week the last time I checked. Down from $2.99.

Yeah, the voice capability makes the correction features important. Often the keyboard is only used for adding missed punctuation and word correction. How are the correction features on your kb? It was that more than anything that drove us away from stock.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699