IPhone to One X pic messages

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Every time my kids send me a picture from their iPhones through messages the picture attachment is super small. Any suggestions on why this is? I don't think this happens on my wife's Note.

HTC One X

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you try to long press on it and copy and save to sd card / memory and than view it in gallery to see?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, even when I save it. I open gallery afterward and even with full zoom it is still no larger than 1/2 " x 1/2". Very annoying.

HTC One X

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Install Handcent or GoSMS and I think that issue goes away. It has to do with the image size in MMS messages being different on iPhone. You can change this setting in 3rd party SMS apps, and I think are set default to better handle Apple pics. Tease your apple friends by asking them to attach their pics to email and send them that way... in order to preserve actual image integrity. Send them a picture this way as a tutorial... just so you can laugh when they admit they cannot attach anything to emails :). Good times.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Install Handcent or GoSMS and I think that issue goes away. It has to do with the image size in MMS messages being different on iPhone. You can change this setting in 3rd party SMS apps, and I think are set default to better handle Apple pics. Tease your apple friends by asking them to attach their pics to email and send them that way... in order to preserve actual image integrity. Send them a picture this way as a tutorial... just so you can laugh when they admit they cannot attach anything to emails :). Good times.

Thanks, that makes sense now. My wife uses smspro, that's why she doesn't have that problem. Still stupid our phone can't adjust the format automatically.

Android using Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not so certain that this in an HTC, or Android, issue. In my experience, when it comes to standards compliance and Apple is one of the parties in question... Apple is almost always the one NOT standards compliant. I do agree our phone should be set to handle iPhone stuff better though. Too many iphones out there to just give them all the finger.

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing the same thing but even from HOX to HOX. I think it's a carrier quirk to be honest. Even if you turn the resolution in the camera app way down, it still does it. My workaround is WhatsApp messenger. Full pic, HD even, comes through full and crisp.

However, Apple app store removed WhatsApp a ways back. Play Store has it though. Very goofy issue. I'm on ATT.

Jon

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Go to text messages, Menu, Settings, and set maximum MMS message size to the largest value supported.

I don't have this problem and I get pictures from iPhone users all the time. I have set the Gallery as the default app
for viewing pictures in MMS. It works perfectly.

No doubt the problem is on their end, not yours. There is no need to using a different Text Message app.
It has nothing to do with the camera app's resolution.
I use Stock and haven't had a problem at all.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to text messages, Menu, Settings, and set maximum MMS message size to the largest value supported.

I don't have this problem and I get pictures from iPhone users all the time. I have set the Gallery as the default app

No doubt the problem is on their end, not yours. There is no need to using a different Text Message app.

I went in settings and checked the size limit, and it was already set to the max size. Back to square one I guess....

HTC One X

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I've previously tried everything you mentioned and it changed nothing. The first one usually comes through fine. When you send more, they shrink. IPhone or HOX. Doesn't make a difference. Research online seems to lean toward the carrier and possibly the signal. WhstsApp on WiFi provides perfect pics no matter what phone sends/receives to me and vice versa.

Just mentioning this.

chris42183

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that this normally happens when receiving screenshots from other devices. Myself, my sister, and my manager have the One X and seem to notice it from screenshots only through MMS. I can receive the same screenshot through email without a problem.

N8ter

Banned
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing the same thing but even from HOX to HOX. I think it's a carrier quirk to be honest. Even if you turn the resolution in the camera app way down, it still does it. My workaround is WhatsApp messenger. Full pic, HD even, comes through full and crisp.

However, Apple app store removed WhatsApp a ways back. Play Store has it though. Very goofy issue. I'm on ATT.

Jon

Whatsapp compresses images. I know for a fact.

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This still happening? My sister just got an iPhone 4S and its not happening. All pics are normal size. Same with my brother and wife. Can't replicate this issue.

Ryan Siegel

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am experiencing the same thing, when my wife sends me a MMS from her iPhone4 I receive them much much smaller. My settings are set for the highest setting and we are both AT&T... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38