HTC One X Jellybean (at&t)

EjWilkes0121

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my one x and everything was good excep. I had no memory. It kept saying mount sd card. So of course being an newbie to rooting I just uprooted it. But thinking of trying it again. Anyone know any good roms? Or how I can get j.b.

Check out Clean ROM 5.1 for bloatware free ICS with Sense or JellyBam 4.1 for JB experience.

I haven't tried Viper yet but it's got great user comments so it's worth trying as well.

AT&T HTC One X running JellyBam 4.1

bigjohn99

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I too got tired of waiting for AT&T and went ahead and took the plunge. I rooted my One X using the toolkit and flashed the Viper XL 3.2.1 rom. I had a few problems with the process, mainly I forgot to copy the Zip version of the Rom to my phone (I extracted it before copying it) and went through all the steps including wiping the OS and couldn't flash the rom. I was so nervous! I thought I bricked my new phone but I was able to recover it, re-install the zip version of Viper and everything was all good from there. Well, except I forgot to save my contacts but I was able to get them from iCloud. Whew! It was a long and stressful experience but Viper is very smooth and fast so it was well worth it. Plus, I don't have to wait on AT&T anymore.

AT&T HTC One X running Viper XL 3.2.1

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to root my one x but the HTC dev site seems down then it never sent me my confirmation of registration.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Does the HTC sense camera work with the viper rom? Also what about the mic when recording Video? Every jelly bean non sense rom I've tried recording video the mic has a high pitch sound and very low sound just horrible.

I'm tired of waiting for JB.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to root my one x but the HTC dev site seems down then it never sent me my confirmation of registration.

The exact same thing happened to me. I had to reboot my pc and the second time it worked workout an issue!

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Does the HTC sense camera work with the viper rom? Also what about the mic when recording Video? Every jelly bean non sense rom I've tried recording video the mic has a high pitch sound and very low sound just horrible.

I'm tired of waiting for JB.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I was worried about the same things. I wanted jellybean but didn't want to compromise. I am happy to report that it is what I hoped for and then some! Camera and video are great! Burst mode is there. Video sound is actually a little louder than it was. The Devs also threw in the option of adding Sony's Bravia engine optimization for photos!
One thing I used a lot before was voice to text for emails and text messages. It was always pretty good but now, since it no longer needs a connection, holy crap is it quick and accurate!!

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The exact same thing happened to me. I had to reboot my pc and the second time it worked workout an issue!

I tried that and still nothing. I even emailed support. Was told in a nutshell that the site seems to work when it wants.
What type of stuff is that coming from them.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Have you noticed a huge difference in "smoothness"? Maybe my expectations were too high but the speed and smoothness of the OS seem the same to me. Granted, I now have all of the jellybean features but I have heard so much about Project Butter and the difference it was going to make that I'm a little disappointed.
Now, my HOX on ICS seemed quick and smooth so maybe I just have a good one and JB wasn't going to be a game changer for me but I doubt it.
I was expecting no lag or delay when opening and closing apps, sweeping through home screens, etc.

After getting the phone back to working order I put Viper XL back on, a lot of tweaks and hidden goodies there. My signal strength even improved plus adding hotspot capability. Viper xl is super over ICS.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have to add too after getting Viper XL back on and everything set up the way I wanted it . I unplugged the USB charger for a over night and now roughly 18 hours later with a few phone calls and a little tweaking , with a few weather apps running the battery is at 94 %. I would say that is good battery life. One the factory ICS battery didn't last 10 hours before a dead phone. That 18 hours even included a couple of hours experimenting with ADB wireless too.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The fact that you can install your own jellybean ROM in no way excuses AT&T for their failure to provide one.

EjWilkes0121

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have been seeing posts about switching kernels to improve battery performance and as well as stability.

What kernels do you have on your HOXs?

My HOX got this under Kernel Version:
3.0.57-g9268db3

Any suggestion for better kernels?

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I have ElementalX 2.5 and the kernel version is 3.4.10-g240d4d5.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One X with ViperXL using Android Central Forums

EjWilkes0121

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
HELP!!!

I tried flashing the Siyah vSync 5 on my HOX and it showed success after doing it but when it turned off to restart it, it never turned back on.

Now, no lights, no LED when plugged in to data cable and power.

Computer does sound when plugging it in but it really doesn't turn on even with Power+VolDown.

Help!?! :(

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
HELP!!!

I tried flashing the Siyah vSync 5 on my HOX and it showed success after doing it but when it turned off to restart it, it never turned back on.

Computer does sound when plugging it in but it really doesn't turn on even with Power+VolDown.

Uh....I'm pretty sure that's a kernel for the S2 and S3 only...I've not seen that for the HOX. Me thinks you've hosed your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
HELP!!!

You never want to flash a kernel that isn't compatible with your rom, let alone a different device... keep trying to access the bootloader menu... kernels generally don't brick your device (not a hard brick at least...can soft brick, but you can get back from that)

EjWilkes0121

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
My phone's workin real good now.

I found some linux recovery procedure from XDA that brought my phone back to life. Doin' it the old fashion way, through the terminal.

Any news about JellyBam 6.0? Official thread has been closed due to some whatever reason. Something like JBam's ripping off Pacman ROM.

Also, I got a question. GooManager prompted me to download an update to my ROM (which is JellyBam 4.1) and upon download completion, it shows CM 10.1. Should I flash it?

I believe Jellybam's got it's own update app.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
No, I had the same thing..goo just reads what your rom kernel is and tries to match it... if you update you'll be on cm10.1

Donald Linnerud

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Rep told me today HTC signed off on it over a week ago. AT&T is configuring the network for it and taking care of bug fixes. I replied... why does rest of the world get it first.... responded with... Seems that way.... Blah blah blah... Sorry excuses to me for poorly run project.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, I'll believe it when I see it. The carriers are really REALLY negligent when it comes to releasing updates. This isn't just with the HTC One X. It's with most of the major front-line phones. HTC and Samsung need to take control of the processes much like Apple does, tell the carriers "this is the way it's going to be" and leave it at that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas