HTC One X Will Not Turn On

ashbashbadash

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My HTC One X began turning itself off and on randomly, and then eventually completely turned itself off and will not turn back on. I've tried plugging it into the computer, and it makes the noise that indicates that the PC recognizes the device, but the red charging light will not come on and it disconnects itself a few minutes later. The device will not show up under Computer devices with removable storage and causes the device manager to continuously refresh. However, I have figured out that it's coming up on the device manager as something called a USB Human Interface Device... but I'm actually not even sure what that means. If anybody has any idea what's happening with my phone, I'd really appreciate the help!

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I read this on another forum and it says it'll help. Try turning it off, and once it turns off hold the power button and the volume up and down button at the same time for two minutes. Ignore the screen that might pop up. Once its been two minutes let go, and it should turn on *crosses fingers*

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... are you sure you did not do anything prior to this? Was there anything you did to the phone?

Sounds like another case of i rooted my phone didnt know what the bell j was doing and flashed twrp let it die and tryed ti charge it while its off news flash twrp WILL NOT CHARGE WHILE IT IS OFF UNLESS YOU HAVE A PATCH SCRIPT

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

mummum

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Nothing has to be done for this to happen...duh....I had a full charge last night sat my phone down went to sleep woke up and it was off and won't come on... Nothing on any forum is working. This is the second htc product that has had issues, I'm moving onto another brand.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Nothing has to be done for this to happen...duh....I had a full charge last night sat my phone down went to sleep woke up and it was off and won't come on... Nothing on any forum is working. This is the second htc product that has had issues, I'm moving onto another brand.

Have you tried to hold the power button for 20 seconds?

Jess Valentine

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I`ve had this problem a number of times

Simple fix - plug into your pc - hold power button and down volume button for 15 seconds - the low screen will flash a few times - then plug back into the power supply - check to see if red light flashing and leave for 10 mins - then power up - be warned, let it charge up before using or will crash again

hunny heer

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
same here my htc onex is doing that it goes off again and again......... any 1 to help...?????

it workd buh nw my phone is gone off agein

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Barrett

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me a couple of times over the last few days - first time the phone eventually came on, the next nothing. I tried Jess Valentine's solution which seems to work fine. Thanks Jess!

sonicdata

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
my problem on my htc one x won't on, I've charge it but no indicator occurred, i tried several tricks but nothing happened. it's totally dead, and it was no longer in a warranty, kindly share your brilliant ideas on how i solve this problem...

Timmaaa

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
When you say you've tried several ideas what do you mean? It's very important that you give specific information when asking for help, the more info you give the easier it is for someone to help you.

Also, is the phone modified or stock? What are your bootloader details? What did you do to the device before this happened?

Sent from my Evita

Md shahbaz Saeed

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
it really works... thanks a lot

i tried holding power button and lower volume button for 15 sec its charging light began to blink . but i tried to switch it on after a power supply of 10 min it is not switching on. plz suggest me what to do...

Last edited by a moderator: