HTC One X: No Sim Detected... Plz Help...

dbaliczek

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I bought a used One x and it is in prime condition, wouldn't know it was used,but there is a problem; my sim card doesn't work.
details:
  • att phone - t mobile sim card, have unlock code.
  • there are tmobile users with htc one x
  • when sim tray pulled out and sim card put in, I get a pop up saying no sim detected please make sure it is inserted properly
  • when sim tray pulled out and put in (without sim) pop up does not appear.
  • Contacted seller this afternoon
  • the sim card IS activated. Still texting from my old phone.

please help

Last edited by a moderator:

numskull223

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing when my One X was new. I found out that I put 3 small strips of clear tape on top of my SIM card...which made it a tight squeeze but that's a common issue with the SIM card tray phones.

Now if it's a connection.issue you my have to create a APN

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I bought a used One x and it is in prime condition, wouldn't know it was used,but there is a problem; my sim card doesn't work.
details:
  • att phone - t mobile sim card, have unlock code.
  • there are tmobile users with htc one x
  • when sim tray pulled out and sim card put in, I get a pop up saying no sim detected please make sure it is inserted properly
  • when sim tray pulled out and put in (without sim) pop up does not appear.
  • Contacted seller this afternoon
  • the sim card IS activated. Still texting from my old phone.

please help

Is the phone unlocked already?

Robert Edler

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
If your handset is unlocked, perhaps you simply have a bad SIM. You can also try removing the SIM and carefully spraying compressed air into the slot. Last Fall, I had a similar problem with my HOX (locked, AT&T, stock), where the phone would not detect the SIM. I had AT&T replace the SIM and blow out the slot and haven't had a problem since.