Not interested

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
S4 lost in processor - It has S4 Pro
S4 lost in screen - its pentile
S4 lost in camera - no dual flash

#youlose
It won't use the S4 Pro it will use the 600. I agree about the screen but if you can't understand the word "preference" then all you will do is make enemies here. But you won't be alone in that. And what does the dual-flash have to do with anything? There isn't a dual-flash on the One either.

And finally, when did we start using #hashtags on AC? I need to get in on some of this!

#tool

WPmaster

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
samsung-galaxy-s-4-camera-vs-htc-one-camera-indoor-resized-resolution-002.jpg

samsung-galaxy-s-4-camera-vs-htc-one-camera-indoor-full-crop-resolution-002.jpg

samsung-galaxy-s-4-camera-vs-htc-one-camera-indoor-resized-resolution.jpg

samsung-galaxy-s-4-camera-vs-htc-one-camera-indoor-full-crop-resolution.jpg

S4 already lost in camera

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It won't use the S4 Pro it will use the 600. I agree about the screen but if you can't understand the word "preference" then all you will do is make enemies here. But you won't be alone in that. And what does the dual-flash have to do with anything? There isn't a dual-flash on the One either.

And finally, when did we start using #hashtags on AC? I need to get in on some of this!

#tool

I agree with the preference thing, but holding my s3 next to dna is shameful. It's about as close as you will get to taking preferences out of screen choice. The lcd3 tech is just that good...

Sent from my SCH-I535

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
To be honest. I don't know if I'd have another samsung or not. I don't dislike them. In fact I love my note 2. But phones are getting pretty good now and most run simular hardware. 2gb ram quad core processor ect.. Its down to which you like more seeing as they all run android. I don't care for touch wiz or any of that. I like using a launcher.

Samsung have released a decent phone hardware wise. I don't know what the moaning is about..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
S4 lost in processor - It has S4 Pro
S4 lost in screen - its pentile
S4 lost in camera - no dual flash

#youlose

Dang. It's a shame you aren't capable of double checking your facts before you give us that fat cat fancy lip wiggling. The US variant has the same processor as the HTC One.

EthelAardvaark

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Just for the record, my palm pilot m505 bought over a decade ago had infrared. Do did my nokia 7100 a year or two before that. The palm had tv remote software so this is a long way from new.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to use a smart phone as a tv remote.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Because you can? Because logitech harmony remotes for expensive home theater setups are upwards of 200-400 dollars, and the same functionality can be done with a cell phone, because when the main tv remote gets lost for the millionth time in a row it would be nice to pull out your phone and change the channel or lower the volume.

It's not an important feature but it's nice and I know I'll be using it.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Because you can? Because logitech harmony remotes for expensive home theater setups are upwards of 200-400 dollars, and the same functionality can be done with a cell phone, because when the main tv remote gets lost for the millionth time in a row it would be nice to pull out your phone and change the channel or lower the volume.

It's not an important feature but it's nice and I know I'll be using it.

I definitely see using it as a fill in, just not a daily driver.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I definitely see using it as a fill in, just not a daily driver.

It probably depends on the setting, if your living on your own then why not use it as the "daily driver" since most people have their phones on them at all times anyway.

For a family or a setting where a large number of people are using a tv, I'd consider it to be a convenient backup.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It probably depends on the setting, if your living on your own then why not use it as the "daily driver" since most people have their phones on them at all times anyway.

For a family or a setting where a large number of people are using a tv, I'd consider it to be a convenient backup.

My concern about using it as a daily driver would be battery life, because other than football season I'm a chronic channel changer. lol

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
To quote (somewhat) one of my favorite movies of all time: "If you [need more than 64GB storage], then I am Mickey Mouse!"

In all seriousness, though, how do you define innovation? We've reached a pinnacle where things can only improve on the margin. We can cram more pixels into the display, we can make it flexible, we can up the camera quality, we can increase the storage, we can add another four cores... In the end, how do you even define innovation? A smartphone, in essence, is a smartphone, and can only be made better through "marginal" innovations. Perhaps you want Google Glass? That defines a whole new product line. But it's no longer a "smartphone" per se. I think HTC did a wonderful job to create an incredible phone. What else could they have done? Turn the phone into an autobot that could blow rush hour traffic away? Other then that, I think it's plenty "innovative" relative to the current smartphone market.
Exactly after the first iPhone 4 the market started to stagnate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa