Possible to always "Display Images" in emails?

pjstock42

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
This may be a stupid question but is it possible for all emails to default to "Display Images" without having to click the button for every message?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is. It does it for security reasons I believe. I've only seen that setting able to be changed through an apk file that was modified by a dev a while back. Otherwise, I don't think there's anything you can do on the stock app.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is. It does it for security reasons I believe. I've only seen that setting able to be changed through an apk file that was modified by a dev a while back. Otherwise, I don't think there's anything you can do on the stock app.

Security or to save people from eating up their data?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Security or to save people from eating up their data?

I think it may be security. At least that is what they say. But this seems more like google and not a carrier. I don't think google cares about your data usage. They probably want you to use more LOL. Just to now, it also prompts you to do this on Gmail on a desktop. But it can be turned off there, not on mobile.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The 4.2.2 version of the vanilla gmail client on my nexus 4 gives you an "always show picture from sender" option that will do this for you, so maybe when the HTC One is updated to that version of jb it will have it as well?

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The 4.2.2 version of the vanilla gmail client on my nexus 4 gives you an "always show picture from sender" option that will do this for you, so maybe when the HTC One is updated to that version of jb it will have it as well?
You get that on this phone too, one click in any given email to show the pictures in that specific email, and then when you click that, it changes to an option to always show pictures from that sender.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
You get that on this phone too, one click in any given email to show the pictures in that specific email, and then when you click that, it changes to an option to always show pictures from that sender.

Oh that's good to know, for me at least as long as I have that then I'm fine as there are a small number of senders whose e-mails I actually pay attention to. I was worried for a moment that the One wouldn't have that, so happy to hear this. :)

Mike Scott4

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Still same issue withthe HTC m8.. this blows big. any solutions? any mods? this is borderline making me get rid of the HTC m8 as I get loads of images each and every day from engineers

bencleric

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
yeah its possible. just go to your email in inbox category then click more then settings
tap the email in accounts then tick the show image