Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flashing green notification light wont turn off.

I have no idea why. I have closed all running apps, restarted etc etc. There are no notifications in my drop down menu. What could it possibly be?

Default Re: Flashing green notification light wont turn off.

Same here, it's really annoying! How would you turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    I have no idea why. I have closed all running apps, restarted etc etc. There are no notifications in my drop down menu. What could it possibly be?
    Software update? I wish

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

voicemail?
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

I had this issue when I first bought mine. I turned off all the notification light options in Settings -> Personalize, then rebooted the phone, then turned the flash options back on again. It worked for me, might work for you too.

Nothing in the notification bar right? No message or calendar appointment sitting in there?

Otherwise go to your settings and turn off all LED notification settings then turn them back on.

Could be a text message. For some reason they get buried on occasion. Happens to me on all four Android phones I have owned.

Try going into settings in the Messages app and marking all read.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I will clear the notification, and the light will go out. As soon as the screen locks the light comes on again. I am using LightFlow if that helps.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

I had that issue after I installed lightflow. Uninstalled the app, problem solved

Sent from my HTC ONE using Android Central Forums

Yep, light flow did it for me too.

However, that's a real flaw in the OS that you can't turn it globally off.

Weird.

I don't have light flow or anything, but with every GMAIL email, I get that stupid green notification.. I don't know how to turn it off.
    I went into settings on the phone and unchecked all LED notifications, but I still get a notification with GMAIL. and there is no led setting int he gmail app itself.. It's really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by discoverydavid View Post
    I don't have light flow or anything, but with every GMAIL email, I get that stupid green notification.. I don't know how to turn it off.
    I went into settings on the phone and unchecked all LED notifications, but I still get a notification with GMAIL. and there is no led setting int he gmail app itself.. It's really annoying.
    Do u have any missed notification apps? I had one called missed call or something like that and I had to uninstall it because the notification light was gonna drive me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by les7699 View Post
    Do u have any missed notification apps? I had one called missed call or something like that and I had to uninstall it because the notification light was gonna drive me insane.
    This. Generally you won't get a persistent led unless you installed an app that isn't so great. It can happen but usually either pulling down the notification shade or doing a phone restart will fix it. If neither of these things work and you've determined that it's not being caused by a rogue app then you have a defective device.

I bought my new HTC One yesterday and this was driving me nuts. It took me some time to realize that the flashing light was notifying me about new gmail messages. After I opened gmail and then closed it, the flashing finally stopped. Phew.

I went into settings - >applications->all applications (at the top you can swipe over)->Gmail and then uncheck "Show notifications." hopefully that will fix it. Good God, that was driving me insane, too.
    Thanked by:

Lightbulb Re: Flashing green notification light wont turn off.

Hi.
    I was having exactly the same problem, and it was really peeing me off! After reading a lot of what other people had posted about this problem, I put two & two together, and finally discovered there was an email in my Email Outbox that kept failing to send for some unknown reason. Once I deleted it from the Outbox folder, the green LED ceased blinking and it was a case of 'problem solved'.
    Regards,
    Matthew.