reminder Notification issues

ebbyt00

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, and due to job requirements, I need to stay alert for text message notifications. To ensure I don't miss any notifications, I have the notification reminder enabled and checked specifically for text message apps. However, I've encountered an issue where after reading and clearing a text message, I continue to receive reminders for the same message. Even though there are no notifications visible on the drop-down page and I've cleared them, my phone still beeps until I restart it. I've tried using both Google Messages and Samsung Messages as the default messaging app, but the issue persists. Disabling one and enabling the other didn't help, and clearing the memory didn't resolve it either. I'm at a loss for what else to try. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this issue? ( also upgrading my Android version to 14 did not help )
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you get the notification reminder, is there an option there to dismiss it? Or are you only swiping it away?

ebbyt00

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you get the notification reminder, is there an option there to dismiss it? Or are you only swiping it away?

Thank you for the reply. I don't see any option to dismiss the reminder. When I receive the text message, I look at it, read it, sometimes delete it, and make sure the notification dropdown page is cleared. But keep getting reminder, until I disable the reminder for restart my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Was just reading this over lol
I don't use reminders app but will go over few things.

Open reminder app do you have it sync to other devices? There a toggle to dismiss

Also turn reminder off and go to settings>notifications>advanced settings >repeat notifications tap to get to its settings and try that way which I'll show in 3nd screen shot
ff7b0597050ec633837ce8899ec622eb.jpg
82abb227edf06eacb1fab7f93184de72.jpg

ebbyt00

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
Was just reading this over lol
I don't use reminders app but will go over few things.

Open reminder app do you have it sync to other devices? There a toggle to dismiss

Also turn reminder off and go to settings>notifications>advanced settings >repeat notifications tap to get to its settings and try that way which I'll show in 3nd screen shot
ff7b0597050ec633837ce8899ec622eb.jpg
82abb227edf06eacb1fab7f93184de72.jpg
Thanks for your help, what would you like me to do on the third screen(I have to keep< repeat the notification alerts >enabled )?

Reactions: mustang7757

ebbyt00

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
Yeah is repeat notifications on ? Turn off reminders
I appreciate your time and assistance. Are repeat notifications and notification reminders the same thing? I'm using Android version 14. I've tried toggling the notification settings off for text message apps and experimenting with repeat notifications on but the issue persists. I also attempted to clear all text message marks as read and dismiss the message for 2 hours but it didn't resolve the problem. I'm at a loss for what else I can do. When I turn on repeat notifications and text myself, the reminders start dinging, and the only way to stop them is to turn off the reminder function
Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I appreciate your time and assistance. Are repeat notifications and notification reminders the same thing? I'm using Android version 14. I've tried toggling the notification settings off for text message apps and experimenting with repeat notifications on but the issue persists. I also attempted to clear all text message marks as read and dismiss the message for 2 hours but it didn't resolve the problem. I'm at a loss for what else I can do. When I turn on repeat notifications and text myself, the reminders start dinging, and the only way to stop them is to turn off the reminder function
Thanks
I'm not sure if they are the same , I'll look more into it and test this out on my devices over the next day or 2 , I don't really use reminders but I'll test out see if I experience what you are

Reactions: ebbyt00

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos