Camera wont start

Bry Guy

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a brand new HTC One. Unlocked the bootloader through hassoon's all in one toolkit, rooted it with SuperSU, and flashed the kernel called ElementalX. I used all the default settings while setting up ElementalX. Im not sure if my camera stopped working after I flashed all the kernel and everything else, but I am trying to use the camera now, to check out Zoe and just fool around with it, but I cannot get the camera to load. I went to settings>apps>all>camera> and cleared all the data, all the cache, and force stopped. Tried to connect the camera again, no luck, still says cannot connect to camera. I also reboot the phone and no luck still. I just installed nova launcher free edition, so im going to try and switch back to the Sense UI instead of Nova and see if that helps.... anyone experiencing any similar problems? or know of any ideas to fix this???

Thanks again!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a brand new HTC One. Unlocked the bootloader through hassoon's all in one toolkit, rooted it with SuperSU, and flashed the kernel called ElementalX. I used all the default settings while setting up ElementalX. Im not sure if my camera stopped working after I flashed all the kernel and everything else, but I am trying to use the camera now, to check out Zoe and just fool around with it, but I cannot get the camera to load. I went to settings>apps>all>camera> and cleared all the data, all the cache, and force stopped. Tried to connect the camera again, no luck, still says cannot connect to camera. I also reboot the phone and no luck still. I just installed nova launcher free edition, so im going to try and switch back to the Sense UI instead of Nova and see if that helps.... anyone experiencing any similar problems? or know of any ideas to fix this???

Thanks again!

It's probably the kernel that's causing it. Can you try to flash another kernel or ROM that uses stock? I had problems with the camera on a custom kernel as well, bulletproof which is made by the same dev so it's probably they same issue. Did that one have the option to include camera fix in aroma? If so try reflashing and doing the opposite.
Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Bry Guy

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes I tried a different camera app. I also tried everything i could think of. Now I just reflashed the same Kernel, and am trying the camera fix in the aroma installer. I am pretty sure I chose NO on the camera fix the first time... know of any other kernels that the camera works on?

Bry Guy

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok so, I reflashed the kernel, chose to do the camera fix. It says at the end of the kernel install to boot the phone up completely all the way, then reboot again. So before rebooting the second time, i just checked to see if the cam is working, and it is. Now we will see after i reboot again if it still works lol... so much fun these phones....