Best SMS/MMS app for the One

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and the stock app makes my sent picture look like crap when I'm using MMS to send.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Handcent, pretty good app but I switched to Go SMS yesterday and I really like it, it has more themes and seems more customizable.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and the stock app makes my sent picture look like crap when I'm using MMS to send.

I used ChompSMS and bumped up the limit and it seems to work great. Videos always aren't the best but my pictures are fine.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

ipeaches

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
do any of you know if any of the non-stock messaging apps support group messaging as well as the stock on does? i like the stock messaging application, but i would like a more customizable user interface.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
do any of you know if any of the non-stock messaging apps support group messaging as well as the stock on does? i like the stock messaging application, but i would like a more customizable user interface.

Chomp does as well.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does Textra support group MMS?

~S
I want to use textra. It is so light and fast, but I am on Sprint and having issues with the MMS. I had to enter all of my proxy info to Textra's MMS section within the app, but there are two issues. 1. I am unable to send MMS over wifi. When I go to send a MMS message my 3G overrides the WiFi in order to send it. 2. My friend on Verizon is unable to send me pictures. You can pick what size the pictures will be set to. I don't know if it has anything to do with the messages being too big for Sprint to receive, but I am able to send out pics at a bigger size than the stock app will let me. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Meh...I've tried them all...Using the stock one right now. I don't need any magic right now. The stock one will work well enough for 90% of all users...If you need more, flip a coin between Handcent and GoSMS

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
After reading this thread I downloaded Textra to my GN. I never had a reason to try anything other then Android messaging but I have to say I am in love with Textra!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've always used GO, but others have recommended Chomp, Textra, and Pansi. Does anyone have any experience with any of the above mentioned? I like GO, but I was looking for something a little lighter.

Posted via Android Central App

Im think the native app is the best for the one. Now it supports group messaging and actually works.. At least on at&t.

Posted via Android Central App