Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By aokusman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanRom

Default Waterproof cases?

I was wondering if any waterproof cases similar to lifeproof or seidio obex were available? Im not looking for any kind of pouch though, just a regular case

Default Re: Waterproof cases?

I'm sure their working in it. The closest thing right now is the otter box cases but they definitely are not water proof

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post
    I'm sure their working in it. The closest thing right now is the otter box cases but they definitely are not water proof

Lol.....then how is it close?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Do NOT use a ziplock bag!

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post

Actually Otterbox has made some waterproof cases called the Armor series but there is not one for the Htc one.. Yet.. I'm sure Otterbox might make one considering the popularity of the device.. :thumbup:

Courtesy of My LT3VO

Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    Lol.....then how is it close?
    I just meant the materials are very close with how they make the waterproof cases. My friend has one on their iphone and with the exception of a built in screen protector they look and feel the same as my otter box

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I saw some waterproof cases when I was in Taipei. Didn't check who makes them and didn't buy it, but they do exist.

Sent from my HTC One 801e using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Has anyone come across any waterproof cases for this phone, now that it's been out for some time?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

It is a shame that it is all the third party accessory makers that just don't want to spend the time or money on developing cases for this phone. It is not a Samsung nor iPhone companies like Otterbox probably don't to invest in it. This is just a shame, and it shows how two companies monopolize the market. I was thinking of using the Joy Bubbleshield for my HTC One to use while at the pool and maybe beach. The packaging does state that it is a IPX5 rating for waterproof, which researching this means that it can handle a little bit of water.

It's a shame since it kind of forces you to either choose a samsung or an iphone if you want anytype of accessory. Even though they are better phones out there, if it is not the manufacturer making the niche cases then we will probably never see these type of cases.

As you might know there is so much to look into when looking for the right case. Check out . It is my website and I am new to this and I need honest opiniions and advice. I would really appreciate it! And I hope it helps you out!

Honestly i think pouches sometimes work better than the lifeproof type of cases. I had an otter box before and i can tell you they are not waterproof. I have been using a Drycase pouch since then when i paddle board and i have had no problems so far.