1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sense 5 Panel Limitations

I like the layout and functionality of Sense 5, but there are a couple things I would like to change if possible.

1. Is there ANY way that I can have more than 5 panels, I don't like to stick all of my apps in folders and would like to be able to add a few more widgets but there just isn't enough room right now.

2. Is there any way to replace the home screen news feed and clock widgets, the current ones are okay but I would prefer the ability to change them.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Default Re: Sense 5 Panel Limitations

Assuming you mean Blink Feed by the 'home screen news feed and clock widgets', the only way to change them and add more than 5 home screens is with a custom launcher. There are lots to choose from in the Play Store, a couple of the more popular ones being Nova and Apex.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Haacksta View Post
    I like the layout and functionality of Sense 5, but there are a couple things I would like to change if possible.

1. Is there ANY way that I can have more than 5 panels, I don't like to stick all of my apps in folders and would like to be able to add a few more widgets but there just isn't enough room right now.

2. Is there any way to replace the home screen news feed and clock widgets, the current ones are okay but I would prefer the ability to change them.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    Just wondering....are you placing shortcuts for all your apps because you don't like to use the app drawer?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Just wondering....are you placing shortcuts for all your apps because you don't like to use the app drawer?
    Yes that is basically what I was doing. But I just watched a little video and saw that you could do a Custom view in the app drawer so maybe I will try that. I like to have all of my apps categorized so that will probably work well and I will use the panels exclusively for my most popular apps and widgets.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Okay here's another question. I am in the custom layout for the App Drawer, is it possible to put blanks in here so I can separate my categories more easily? Also, is anyone aware of a program on the PC that I can use to alter my app layout, it's kind of a pain on the phone.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haacksta View Post
    Okay here's another question. I am in the custom layout for the App Drawer, is it possible to put blanks in here so I can separate my categories more easily? Also, is anyone aware of a program on the PC that I can use to alter my app layout, it's kind of a pain on the phone.
    Umm if you wanna use a mouse to do it... Just plug one in with an otg adapter.

Posted via Android Central App