Sense 5 Panel Limitations

Haacksta

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I like the layout and functionality of Sense 5, but there are a couple things I would like to change if possible.

1. Is there ANY way that I can have more than 5 panels, I don't like to stick all of my apps in folders and would like to be able to add a few more widgets but there just isn't enough room right now.

2. Is there any way to replace the home screen news feed and clock widgets, the current ones are okay but I would prefer the ability to change them.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you mean Blink Feed by the 'home screen news feed and clock widgets', the only way to change them and add more than 5 home screens is with a custom launcher. There are lots to choose from in the Play Store, a couple of the more popular ones being Nova and Apex.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I like the layout and functionality of Sense 5, but there are a couple things I would like to change if possible.

1. Is there ANY way that I can have more than 5 panels, I don't like to stick all of my apps in folders and would like to be able to add a few more widgets but there just isn't enough room right now.

2. Is there any way to replace the home screen news feed and clock widgets, the current ones are okay but I would prefer the ability to change them.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Just wondering....are you placing shortcuts for all your apps because you don't like to use the app drawer?

Haacksta

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering....are you placing shortcuts for all your apps because you don't like to use the app drawer?

Yes that is basically what I was doing. But I just watched a little video and saw that you could do a Custom view in the app drawer so maybe I will try that. I like to have all of my apps categorized so that will probably work well and I will use the panels exclusively for my most popular apps and widgets.

Haacksta

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay here's another question. I am in the custom layout for the App Drawer, is it possible to put blanks in here so I can separate my categories more easily? Also, is anyone aware of a program on the PC that I can use to alter my app layout, it's kind of a pain on the phone.

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay here's another question. I am in the custom layout for the App Drawer, is it possible to put blanks in here so I can separate my categories more easily? Also, is anyone aware of a program on the PC that I can use to alter my app layout, it's kind of a pain on the phone.

Umm if you wanna use a mouse to do it... Just plug one in with an otg adapter.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38