Native weather military time

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi! New One owner here. Just a quick question... When I click the cloud on my home screen it brings up weather which is great except the hourly is in military time. Not a deal breaker but I checked settings and couldn't find a way to fix this to 12 hour time... Anyone know a fix?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Should be phone settings, then date and time.

Pretty sure if you change it there it will reflect in the weather app.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure, but maybe you need to reboot the phone for that change to take effect. I prefer the 24hr clock (aka Military Time) over the 12hr clock since we use it to log power bumps, boiler and chiller outages, etc at work.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Not really sure, but maybe you need to reboot the phone for that change to take effect. I prefer the 24hr clock (aka Military Time) over the 12hr clock since we use it to log power bumps, boiler and chiller outages, etc at work.

Like factory reset or just restart phone?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it on mine and it worked. Set the time in the phone settings to 24 hour and back, and each time the stock weather app reflected that change. Might try refreshing the widget even though mine did not require a refresh or reset.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it on mine and it worked. Set the time in the phone settings to 24 hour and back, and each time the stock weather app reflected that change. Might try refreshing the widget even though mine did not require a refresh or reset.

Still not working. Found some other threads too with same complaint and apparently it's a known issue but it can't be changed? I don't know... Like I said, not a deal breaker! Love this phone !!

Thanks for the replies :)

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
24 hour clock -aka military time- is pretty easy to adjust to. anything past 1PM (1300) just take 12 away.
I know this doesn't solve the issue. just trying to help out.

as has been mentioned, go in to settings and change the clock (time) format there to 12 HR.

EDIT just tried on mine.
Settings>>Date & Time>>Use 24-hour format>>untick or tick box to desired format.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
24 hour clock -aka military time- is pretty easy to adjust to. anything past 1PM (1300) just take 12 away.
I know this doesn't solve the issue. just trying to help out.

as has been mentioned, go in to settings and change the clock (time) format there to 12 HR.

EDIT just tried on mine.
Settings>>Date & Time>>Use 24-hour format>>untick or tick box to desired format.

Appreciate it. Unfortunately changing the settings doesn't help change the hourly forecast in the native weather app. But I'm trying to get used to military time :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non