HTC Car App and cradle causing google maps to crash all the time, hopeless!

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
ANybody else using an HTC One genuine cradle? The car app is driving me nuts! If you put in an address and then go change a track on the music player, if you try and return to nav it's reset and you have to put you destination in again. Then it crashes.

The 'previous' button seems to have no purpose - in months of use, one destination has appeared in there....

It's basically, almost unusable and utter turd.

Anybody else get these problems? :(

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I had it crash once but other than that I love the htc one car cradle. Puts it into car mode and works great.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't stream music from my phone, but will test this out to see if it crashes.

Posted via Android Central App

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had it crash once but other than that I love the htc one car cradle. Puts it into car mode and works great.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Try this:

go into car app and select a destination, then begin navigation.
Next, press the home button and put a song on/start the radio/whatever
Now, return to navigation - does it take you straight back to navigation to the selected destination? Or has it reset?
If it has reset - try re-selecting destination and navigate once again - does it now say it has failed?

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Good news, the issue is resolved with the 4.3 update. Now if you go to the car mode home screen from navigation, after you tinker around and go back to the navigation app it won't reset.

Before the update I also had the same experience where the address had to be re-entered. It wasn't a issue for me because I didn't have to go back to the home screen to make calls.

Posted via Android Central App

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah, the pleasure and the pain! Great news that 4.3 addresses it - now when are we going to see the 4.3 Vodafone?!

Edit: PS tried carhome and you have to add a 'fix' to use it automatically after android 4.1 - which then screws with your phone when its not docked. It also tanks the battery by keeping the GPS on, and alhtough you can reduce the time it scans GPS you can't turn it off totally. My HTC One was pluged into to the HTC cradle and it was LOSING charge!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty