HTC One Android 4.3 battery problem

sbigfeet

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I have a canadian carrier version of the HTC One (Telus) and since I've updated my phone with the 4.3 version on September 30th, the battery performance is getting worse and worse. For example, after 10 hours unplugged but almost not used (2-3 text messages and 5-6 webpages), the battery is down at 20%! Before, the update, it was around 75%-80%. I haven't installed new app since the update, except GSam battery monitor to find out the problem. In the stats, it tells me that "Kernel (Android OS") is responsible for more than 70% of my battery usage. I really think this is not normal at all... Do some people have experienced the same problem?

Thank you very much for you help!

Attachments

• 2013-10-10 13.22.52.jpg
    2013-10-10 13.22.52.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 2013-10-10 13.22.22.jpg
    2013-10-10 13.22.22.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 114

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I have a canadian carrier version of the HTC One (Telus) and since I've updated my phone with the 4.3 version on September 30th, the battery performance is getting worse and worse. For example, after 10 hours unplugged but almost not used (2-3 text messages and 5-6 webpages), the battery is down at 20%! Before, the update, it was around 75%-80%. I haven't installed new app since the update, except GSam battery monitor to find out the problem. In the stats, it tells me that "Kernel (Android OS") is responsible for more than 70% of my battery usage. I really think this is not normal at all... Do some people have experienced the same problem?

Thank you very much for you help!

First off, after each major OS update, you may experience battery draining faster than usual.
You can start by performing a cache wipe and see what happens from there.

Wipe cache partition to clear system memory: HT... | T-Mobile Support

This procedure will work with any HTC One.
If after this you still notice battery issues, last resort would be to perform a factory reset.

sbigfeet

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

htconelover136

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's absolutely shocking battery drain, its obviously the update.
I can't help you with your problem because my One hasn't gotten the 4.3 update yet.
I forgot to charge my phone overnight and left it off the charger for about 9-10 hours and i lost 1 percent
47-46, but I disabled keep WiFi on during sleep.
Hopefully you get your problem solved.

Hackett00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Seems to be a lot of different reports about battery performance after the update. Mine seemed to be worse at first. I tried the cache partition wipe and noticed very little difference. After time it seems to have normalled out though (I got the update update with sprint over a week ago). One thing I have noticed is that it charges much faster, especially that last 10-15%. Hopefully yours gets better, cuz that's just terrible.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Did a reset, although I didn't erase all my photos and a few other things, does this matter..? I was using HTC Backup, but that was pretty much a fail as now I can't log into that account. So far the battery still seems to be draining much more quickly.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
It's like they dont even test this stuff before release. That many people should not be having an issue.

Agreed, certainly Apple has issues with each update but you can look forward to a pretty timely minor update within a month or so. At the rate we get updates it'll be 3-6 months.

jamjordan

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I put the new battery percentage up top and I saw a big drop so I removed it and everything is good for me but doesn't mean that it what was draining.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well after the close of this weekend my phone battery seems to be about the same. If not maybe a tad bit better when its on cell data. I can't complain! If you have battery issues I'd hard reset it. That has fixed battery issues for me in the past with other phones.

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Well after the close of this weekend my phone battery seems to be about the same. If not maybe a tad bit better when its on cell data. I can't complain! If you have battery issues I'd hard reset it. That has fixed battery issues for me in the past with other phones.

Hard reset or factory reset?

Petero1818

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
So I don't know if this is of use to any of you but I had the same problem and none of the above fixes worked. I received a message from another reader on the HTC Canada website, and it did the trick.
Go to wifi settings and choose advanced and go to the "keep wifi on during sleep" and select never. This has fixed my battery problem and I can now get through a day again as I was able before. In fact, my phone has been on from 7:30 Am to 5:00 PM and is still at 74%. Last week it would have been at 40% or lower.

tintin3334

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem after the update to 4.3. I did a factory reset and the problem is still there-superfast drain.
Hope HTC will come with a fix update for this problem.
Ps: i have used all the tips and methods to save battery, low brightness, locatiin gps off, mobile data off, sync off, no mail accounts setup on device, no games etc and i still have to charge about 3 times per day.
HTC PLEASE DO SOMETHING

BataHTC

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. My battery lasts 5h max! Lighting to a minimum, all app is of.... What do I do?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer