HTC One bricked !! deleted OS & no recovery

Phone_fan

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there a way to flash a ROM from fastboot? My M7 will flash in fastboot mode, but I cannot succeed in any other mode. The RUU.exe will not flash because it can't find my device. I can't flash an RUU zip because my M7 won't mount the USB. So there's no way to copy files to its internal storage.

I have no clue how to use ADB sideload. All of the instructions I've read aren't helping. My M7 won't go into ADB sideload mode.

By the way, I can flash TWRP, but my M7 won't mount USB. I tap the "enable MTP" but it never enables.

Dustin Sawyer

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Isn't there a way to flash a ROM from fastboot? My M7 will flash in fastboot mode, but I cannot succeed in any other mode. The RUU.exe will not flash because it can't find my device. I can't flash an RUU zip because my M7 won't mount the USB. So there's no way to copy files to its internal storage.

I have no clue how to use ADB sideload. All of the instructions I've read aren't helping. My M7 won't go into ADB sideload mode.

By the way, I can flash TWRP, but my M7 won't mount USB. I tap the "enable MTP" but it never enables.

Boss Playa

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I am also having the same problem! I have a HTC ONE M8 International and it doesnt go into recovery to flash any ROMS. When i hit recovery in HBOOT mode, it shows the picture of the phone with a red triangle and exclamation mark! Bootloader is showing as Re-Locked and It is S On. I tried to install firmware for ARHD so that i could get the Wi Fi working but some how got here!
I have tried to unlock the bootloader using ADB command prompt but says 'command error' Can anyone help me?! Appreciated.

Last edited:

woodcutter909

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
HTC on m7 rooted and relocked
When I tried to unlock my phone. I complete all the steps to unlock my phone but it stucks everytime at the ENTERING RECOVERY....
Can any one help me????:

tonyacastillo707

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Help required with my HTC One 801n.

The phone details
M7 UL
Hboot 1.54
Radio 4A.17.3250.14
CID HTC_001

The phone was unlocked and rooted shortly after I bought it in July. I was using a Google edition Revolution HD 22 Rom, but I decided to try a CM10.2 ROM and this is where it all started to go wrong. I downloaded the CM Rom and started to flash it on my phone but I got a boot loop with a different screen repeating over the recovery screen so I tried to wipe it and reflash but in doing so I deleted everything. At that time I could get into the recovery screen where it said there wasn�t a ROM installed, so I tried flashing the ROM again but this time I can only get into the boot loader and Fastboot, with option into recovery.

Things I have tried
In fastboot I can type cmds such as �devises, reboot_bootloader, fastboot oem readcid, without a problem, but if I try to flash a image or zip file it doesn�t recognise the command or file. I receive a message �unknown partition & error : cannot determine image file name�
If I try cmd �fastboot oem rebootRUU.� The phone screen changes to a dark screen with HTC

So in summary I haven�t a clue how to sort the phone out so any help would be appreciated.

Also if I try to go into recovery it just stays on the screen �entering recovery�

I just went through the same thing no more then a day or so. Make sure your boot loader is unlocked and have Android SDK tools on pc, also fastboot, ADB are located in Android sdk tools .
First download WinDroid tool kit to your pc, no link can be posted, look via Google, Windroid universal tool kit at xda.
then
Then put phone into fastboot mode, run WinDroid tool kit. Wait for it to load to user interface. Connect your phone to your pc while still in fastboot mode. Windroid tool kit will locate device . If hboot drivers are not installed on your pc let Windroid install drivers and recoveries files to pc .Run Windroid if you had to install all drivers again. Connect phone to pc while Windroid is open. Windroid will locate phone in fastboot mode, once it has unlock boot loader if needed. If not click install twrp recovery via Windroid. It will install, follow promps in Windroid. Once done with recoveries, then root device via Windroid. Then download your prefered Rom, flash it via twrp. And your back in business.

amr hendawy

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
omg !!!! i finally did it guys ^v^ my phone is htc one max and it was stuck on cyanogenmod logo, i had a broken volume-down button, and i couldn't find any access to recovery or bootloader at alllllll

the method is simple and 100% garanteed :

1- install pdanet http: //pdanet .co/a/
2- install htc drivers http: //www .htc .com/us/support/software/htc-sync-manager.aspx
3- download mini-sdk https ://www .androidfilehost .com/?fid=23329332407580571

now lets get to work :

1- plug in your htc device via usb cable to pc and press the power button
2- wait until pdanet program gives you a sign saying " new device is connected"
3- open command prompt from inside the mini sdk folder by holding shift key and right click and choose "open command windows here"
4- type the command "adb reboot bootloader" and as you can see from the photo below the first time you type it might not respond so type it couple times more until your device restart automatically and then quickly press all the button of the device " touch buttons- back - menu - volume up" and voila !!!!! you are inside the bootloader menu
Capture.JPG

Don't forget to share this method with other guys
thanx from the Islamic State

abax

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I spent sleepless night trying to unbrick my HTC, only to stumble on your post and my problem was solved in less than 30 minutes.
thanks alot.

ahsan_j_khan

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
tried that but I could only manage to relock the bootloader with it

OK so here we go:
1. enter the bootloader mode
2. enter "fastboot" menu from bootloader
3. Connect phone to computer using the usb 2.0 port on your computer/laptop
4. Google "mini-sdk" and download the files
5. Move "mini-sdk" folder to desktop
5b. Download twrp or cwm recovery for your phone by googling "twrp HTC ___" (Your phone model in the ____)
5c. Rename the recovery file to "twrp".
5d. This recovery file will be .img in the ending in the file type (skip if you don't get this step)
5e. Move this recovery file (called twrp.img) to the mini-sdk folder on desktop
6. Extract the mini-sdk folder if it's already not
7. On the "mini-sdk" folder there should be 4 files. Make sure there are 4 files or more.
8. In the "mini-sdk" folder hold down "shift" key and while holding "shift" do a right click
9. After "shift + right click" in the "mini-sdk" folder click "open command prompt here"
10. In the black screen that opened called "cmd" type in this without the " " ----> "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
11. The computer should then flash that recovery onto your htc device.
12. Now, download a rom for your device using google (I prefer cyanogen mod as it is easy to install)
13. Download the .zip file for the rom and place it into the "mini-sdk" folder.
13b. When you are on the cyanogen official website for their rom (highly suggest using this) they will be 2 files to download. One called the rom (cm 11,12) and one next to it the recovery that goes with it. Download both
13c. Also place the cyanogen mod recovery file which was next to the rom on their website in the mini-sdk folder.
13d. Rename the cyanogen rom to "cm" and the cyanogen recovery to "cwm"
14. Now, boot your phone into the twrp recovery you installed and your htc should connect as an mtp with the computer.
15. Using the computer, transfer the mini-sdk folder to the internal storage of your phone (create a folder in the internal storage called cyanogen)
16. Now get to your phones bootloader again and go to the fastboot menu
17. In the black window (cmd) that's open on your computer, type "fastboot flash recovery cwm.img"
18. Once this recovery is flashed go to your phones bootloader and then click recovery. The recovery should now be changed, it should be different looking than the twrp one.
19. Now go to wipe cache and wipe the cache
20. Go to install, install from sd card, and locate the rom called "cm" in the "cyanogen" folder you moved to your htc phone from the computer. Choose the zip file (cm.zip) and install it.
21. Once it is installed reboot your device.
22. It may take couple of minutes, be patient.
23. Your phone should now boot into the new OS.
Congrats!

MrZoolook

May 14, 2014
Visit site
OK so here we go:
23. Your phone should now boot into the new OS.
Congrats!
WOW!!! My mini has been bricked for the best part of 2 years, and every method I read up on failed at the first adb commands as it wouldn't recognise the phone. I only checked google randomly to see if there was any further info, and lo and behold - You nailed it first time for me.

My newly working again mini looks naked :D

Wellpunk

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
OK, so I have a similar issue with my HTC one m7 Telus Ontario Canada, i actually have two of the same phone, one i managed to luckily not brick on my risky attempt to not BRICK it like my first one, and i use the term BRICK not SOFT BRICK because, well, I think I may have actually BRICKED the poor lil bugger.... So basically I flashed resurrection remix to it, but accidentally it was for the M8 not the M7 and what happens now is, i can boot into the POWER and VOLUME DOWN menu, which is HBOOT, where it says to use vol up and down to scroll and power to select, from the menu reading: FASTBOOT, RECOVERY, FACTORY RESET, SIMLOCK, CHECK SMARTSD, IMAGE CRC, and SHOW BARCODE. (sorry for typing that all, it's a typical menu) my poing is, is that when I select and enable SHOW BARCODE, OR IMAGE CRC, it will display the barcodes, and also generate a list for the IMAGE CRC no problem, but when i hit POWER to go back, it freezes and stays frozen. When i hit CHECK SMARTSD, IT REBOOTS to the HTC boot screen and then stays there for a bit, and then just shuts off, and when i try any other function, FASTBOOT, RECOVERY OR FACTORY RESET, it goes into fastboot menu but freezes in there, so it doesn't read on my computer, and the recovery shows the pink loading recovery text, but just shuts off after staying frozen there, and factory reset, same thing, seems to be doing something, but basically freezes and then shuts off... The ONLY MENU I HAVE ANY SCROLLING ABILITY IN is the initial HBOOT screen to select one of the options, i can scroll there all day, and it won't freeze, but i have no idea if there is any way to force flash any commands to the phone via USB PORT # in COMMAND Prompt or if i am basically just gonna end up taking out the battery when the one in my other one dies eventually... IS THERE ANY WAY TO SEND COMMANDS in HBOOT to the phone via CMD prompt to whatever usb port the phone will be attached to? Or is there another magical way you may know to work around this?

If you got anything, PLEASE AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH SO, I'd appreciate it... I don't know what to do here LOL poor lil' phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez