View Poll Results: How many of you have a faulty camera?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a purple/red/pink tint on my camera ):

104 62.28%
  • No problems with my camera.

63 37.72%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

Over on the XDA forums they've boiled it down to heat from the phone is affecting the shielding on the camera sensor. That's why it doesn't show up initially and why the problem is worse when your phone is hot.

Also phones made starting in September seemed to have the improved shielding protecting the sensor from heat and thus purple tint. This is a hardware issue that was never going to be fixed by a software update and HTC knows it.

The best way to get it fixed is to get a warranty fix from HTC. ATT is going to give you a refurbished phone with a faulty sensor.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Default Re: HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

Got it. Although it's not terrible.....yet.

I think I will file a claim with HTC for this one. I was recording video yesterday and I saw the purple warping on both sides of the picture. Luckily most of the picture/video was ok, just on the sides is where it was purple.

Posted via Android Central App

Tried 5 different brand new One but made between July and September...they all had purple tint out of the box.
    So it could be something that gets rusted with time and does this problem,these One were never used so no heat could reach them unless they stayed in a warm stockroom.
    Too bad because now I am sticked with an S4 till the next HTC comes out
    Everytime I try to buy a One I am facing this issue

Mine developed purple tint after about 7 months - below is comparison with wife's HTC One - we got them both on same day.

HTC One Camera Pictures: Show us what you got :D

You can see from my gallery (link below) that the camera was excellent prior to this problem.

same scenario with my phone. great until after a few months use. purple on pics taken in low light now. used live chat with htc today. they will repair at no cost to me (other than my shipping cost to get it to them) rep said they will open with laser, replace camera module and send phone back. this problem is covered under the warranty.

Angry Re: HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

I wonder if you're onto something with the manufacturing batch?

I have the purple problem (big time!) and says:

Factory: HT - Hsinchu, Taiwan
    Date of manufacture: 06/04/2013

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Got my phone back from HTC yesterday, and it appears the purple tint is gone! No problems so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Hey,

My camera has to be replaced, right? it's just me of that every device been produced has this problem?
    the 2 first shots went ok because they had enough light
    after that you can see the problem... Some of them with ISO 100 that really didn't changed.. also when there's no enough light the image is distorted, you can understand nothing.no focus, can't take pictues at night...

Anyone?

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwappa View Post
    Aye inherited purpleness with update to 4.3. No problems prior to that

Likewise

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VeganRevolution View Post
    Anyone?
    The question should be : Everyone?

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Anyone?
    It can be repaired. As I said, mine no longer has the purple tint.

My understanding is that phones with a build date of September 2013 or later have the new and improved camera module, which has better heat shielding to protect it from getting too warm. So if you know the replacement you get is in that batch, you'll probably be ok. I had already gotten a refurbished replacement from Sprint, but it also had the issue.

I think it was just coincidence that the problem began after you got 4.3. It's more a timing issue. After a certain amount of time, the purple tint appears.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    It can be repaired. As I said, mine no longer has the purple tint.

My understanding is that phones with a build date of September 2013 or later have the new and improved camera module, which has better heat shielding to protect it from getting too warm. So if you know the replacement you get is in that batch, you'll probably be ok. I had already gotten a refurbished replacement from Sprint, but it also had the issue.

I think it was just coincidence that the problem began after you got 4.3. It's more a timing issue. After a certain amount of time, the purple tint appears.

I wonder how the photo should be if i haven't got this issue...
    I bought at the first of septermber 2013

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

I wonder how the photo should be if i haven't got this issue...
    I bought at the first of septermber 2013
    Best way to check this is to turn on the camera, and then set it down on a bed, or something that covers the lens completely. If it's black, you should be good. If it's purple, you have a problem. This is what mine looks like now :

Before my repair, it had A LOT of purple in it.

Sent mine in last week to get the camera fixed, my phone was an early production version as I got it when it was first released (AT&T). Took HTC 1-day to do the repair and 2 days to return ship, I had to use an old backup phone for a week...no biggie.

Before I sent it in, I checked the camera sensor's log file for the version/date info.
    -Old sensor info: st vd6869(1.0) cinesensor 2013-04-12
    -New sensor info: st vd6869(1.0) cinesensor 2013-11-01

HTC Return packaging...
    HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?-wp_000006.jpg

I took some before pics to verify so I can do the same pics again when I got the phone back. All I have to say is WOW! See below for the pics. Same lighting conditions with no flash and all camera settings on Auto.

HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?-imag0681.jpg

HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?-imag0007.jpg

HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?-imag0682.jpg

HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?-imag0006.jpg

I do recommend that you call HTC and send it in. It was a 10 min. phone call and done, no questions asked.
    Overall, my HTC warranty experience was Excellent!

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

I got my phone back 6 days ago, working perfectly. Then I took it to Best Buy to get an Invisible Shield installed. After having them reinstall 3 times due to poor fit, then broke my lens cover:
    HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?-uploadfromtaptalk1390799492867.jpg

Check out the "professional" installation (after three tries, mind you) :
    HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?-uploadfromtaptalk1390799564191.jpg

My big mistake was leaving the store without checking the entire device over. They only offered to give me 50% of the deductible to get a replacement through insurance. 😢

I have it too. I've had it since I got the phone, I wish I realized it was a defect and traded it for a new one. I guess now I'll have to send it for repair

Best way to check this is to turn on the camera, and then set it down on a bed, or something that covers the lens completely. If it's black, you should be good. If it's purple, you have a problem. This is what mine looks like now :

Before my repair, it had A LOT of purple in it.

purple like hell.
    sensor 2013-06-03

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

purple like hell.
    sensor 2013-06-03
    How do you get the build date for the sensor? HTC told me I have a December build date, but who knows what date my replacement will have.

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    Mine developed purple tint after about 7 months - below is comparison with wife's HTC One - we got them both on same day.

HTC One Camera Pictures: Show us what you got :D

You can see from my gallery (link below) that the camera was excellent prior to this problem.
    Knowing the issue with this phone, would you buy it again?

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

I think I would. I absolutely love this phone, and while I've had my share of issues, I think it's worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How do you get the build date for the sensor? HTC told me I have a December build date, but who knows what date my replacement will have.

I use the "ES File Explorer" app
    -Click on "/device" at the top and go to the 'sys' folder then 'android_camera' folder and open the sensor file as a text file to get the sensor data.

I've had my phone for just under 8 months now. No picture issues what so ever. I've only taken about 1,600 photos. Low light, no flash or with flash; in the complete dark with or without flash; with only a small low light behind, in front, or either sides; bright light and on bright afternoons; moving; still; multiple modes, and positions; with a very cold phone or VERY hot = Not a problem at ALL. I tried to take a picture and video right after three hours of Candy Crush, and looked normal. No blues, reds, purples, yellows, etc...unless they are normally supposed to be there. (For example, if your wearing a purple shirt, it's supposed to look purple, lol). I've actually adjusted settings, the opposite to, what's suggested to help, reduce the issue and still no problems (I did this, as I only discovered the problem as I was reading reviews, and I had to make sure I wasn't just getting lucky). I love my HTC One. Currently have the ATT on 4.3. No issues after that update either.
    Ready for the 4.4, and soon the HTC One 2014 (M8) . In case your wondering, no speaker or sound quality issues either. No freezing, crashing, or battery issues even.

Last edited by AshtonVibe; 01-28-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILLYWILL_95831 View Post
    Knowing the issue with this phone, would you buy it again?

Yes

yeah m having this problem after 4.3 update
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast