HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

How many of you have a faulty camera?

• Total voters

lupos

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:
HTC SSSSUUUUCCCckkkkksss.....
So last monday I got on live chat with a tech. Explained the issue and the offered to "repair " it in 1 of 3 ways.
  1. I send it to them slow post and they send it back when they fix it
  2. I send it to them quickly and the 2day ship a replacment asap when they get it.
  3. I pay 600 depoist and 30 bucks and they over night me one that day and remove the whole when they recieve mine

I chose option 3. 2 days went by with no update. I contact another rep on live chat who apologized. Said they would def get it out that night (wednesday) and to make up for it would wave the 30 dollar fee.
Thursday: still nothing so I get in touch again. Again apologies and it will ship that day for sure.
Friday: Same thing except now they cant proccess it. Need to get verification from me that I bought it and of my srpint exchange so I need recipts from sprint (which I can't get online -_-). So they HAVE to cancel that ticket and start a new one. Give me an email address to send info to. I do that monday afternoon.
Tuesday 2.0: Still no email / update / anything. Get on live chat again and have the following conversation...

jsfiddle.net/lupos/5g348j5f/2/embedded/result/

I seriously wanted to reach through the screen and slap someone by the end. Perhaps I went off a bit too much... honestly not sure. So incredibly frustrated with this. :(

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I finally brought my phone back to best buy. They sent me a refurb. The pink is worse on this one than my original phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I began experiencing this issue in June. I've had my HTC One M7 since spring of '13.

2014-10-05_1742.png

Even in lighting that obscured the tint, all of my photos are blurry. I've tried every combination of settings I can think of. I've tried tutorials, keeping the phone cool, cleaning the lens of obsessively, etc. It's either ok but blurry, or not blurry but with the tint.

Should I contact HTC or Sprint? I don't want a refurb, but I can't go a week without a phone by sending it to HTC. In either case, since it's a known defect, should I expect this to cost a lot to remedy? I'll be eligible to upgrade to a new phone in 4.5 months. If it's not cheap, I'd rather wait and put more toward a new, better phone.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
after one year with this phone,
i must sadly say the camera is useless because of the purple tint.
i regret getting this phone only because of it.
absolutely terrible.

bcurt10

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Same issue as well as texting issues & erratic data service. Loved my phone when I first got it, but will definitely stay away from HTC in the future.

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the tint issue, on Sprint. Just returned from the Sprint store, and was offered an M8 as replacement, apparently stock on the M7 is low and they are offering the new version instead of giving out another M7 that would most likely suffer the same fate. I was concerned about evenly exchanging for another phone due to others having poor luck with outright replacements having same issue return in short order. If anyone is on Sprint, have a go at visiting the main store in your area and see how you come out.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Same issue as well as texting issues & erratic data service. Loved my phone when I first got it, but will definitely stay away from HTC in the future.

what texting issues? (use Textra. i had some issues but it's all over).
my data service quality is not related to the phone, at least that's what it seems.

if it wasn't for that crappy camera (low res and purple) it would have been the best android option around, hands down. don't have ANY other issues whatsoever.

renzha

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Got this ******* HTC last May 5 from Rogers, found the problem in 1 week, called ******* HTC ,was cheated it was software issue ans wait for update. Fine, it is normal for softwere bug , I would wait. after couple month ,the first update come, problem became waste, then called again, was theated to wait next update.OK, I wait, then another update, same, was cheated to wait again, until this May, they could not cheat any more and said, 'Yes, it IS hardware issue, but your warrant is expired' , **** HTC , **** all HTC employees and their mother 1000000 times, will tell my story everywhere

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You should be blocked if you're dropping f bombs and acting as uncivil as you are here. I know you feel done wrong here but have some sense of decorum.

Posted via the Android Central App

Samantha Smith8

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Have pink problem too! This us my insurance replacement phone. First phone was fine, second warranty replacement or text. This one is driving me nuts. I live the HTC one. I guess I should try for another replacement. Paid 150 to replace last one which I dropped, and for this one which has bad camera. Thought it was otter case for ts punk. Nope. Phone bes never Ben j rt do I dunno. Ideas? R ally bumming me out! Got a new ggrandsonto shoot pics of now..

krs2

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I know this is old post, but my m7 has purple screen with camera.
Did live chat with HTC to day and they will fix it for free.
Try live chat or call them.

CoonAfisH

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
ive been loyal to HTC for years now this was my 4th upgrade in three years so they have been getting good $$ from me.
So "THEY" send me an new software update in witch tells the ZOE feature on my camera to keep the camera running and overheats and permenitly
damages the camera (purple haze). and guess what my warranty was up in may. so im S.O.L. ..... this is what thousands of dollars and loyality gets ya!

QUESTION: Is this only affecting the m7's.... if so i smell a skunk...only the phone old enough to have expired warranties, I BET!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandeee