Wlan rx wake

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-12-14-08-10-18.jpg

So i have noticed that on standby my phone seems to losing more battery than it should overnight while on wifi. I checked my gsam and came across the attached wake lock issue.

Any suggestions? The little research I've done suggests it's connected to wifi and possibly a router problem. But I'm not quite sure.

Any advice is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue and made a few changes. I set persistent IP reservations on my router for all devices, a little different than static IPs since I don't want to hard code IPs into all my devices, it basically hands out the same IP to my devices each time. The way you do this will depend on your router. On my Netgear it was in Advanced, Setup, LAN Setup, Address Reservation.

Then I changed the phone's settings in WiFi, Advanced, "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Only when plugged in." That made the wlan wakelocks go down to almost nothing.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks. i have a westell dsl router, not quite seeing where i can make the adjustment. i just tried changing the wifi on the phone to static. will this make a difference? also, if i adjust the keep wifi on to only when plugged in, what does that do? and won't it simply revert to mobile data?

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
thanks. i have a westell dsl router, not quite seeing where i can make the adjustment. i just tried changing the wifi on the phone to static. will this make a difference? also, if i adjust the keep wifi on to only when plugged in, what does that do? and won't it simply revert to mobile data?

Your router might not support static reservations. I'm not sure it's really a great fix anyway. It was just one of the things I tried.

Yes, setting wifi always on to only when plugged in will revert to mobile data. You can pretty easily limit mobile data usage though with the smart sync feature for mail accounts and only updating apps over wifi. But as adriandb notes just plug it in. These aren't NiCad batteries, modern phones are meant to be charged. Follow the ABCs of charging, Always Be Charging. USB chargers are cheap and abundant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11