I've been having some problems with my WiFi lately. I have some hotspots saved (like Optimum) and often connect to them when driving through town. But when I leave the area it keeps me connected but with no data/signal and takes forever to switch back to 3G. For a while I could turn off Wi-Fi but eventually it just turns itself back on and reconnects. Now though I can't even turn it off most of the time, unless I restart the whole phone.
I'm running 4.3. Anything?
Posted via Android Central App
- 01-06-2014, 09:53 AM #2
- 544 Posts
Re: Wi-Fi connections
First check that in your settings you have disabled the notify me when WiFi is available. This should stop it from turning itself back on. Settings>WiFi>Menu>Advance>Notify my when WiFi is available. If this doesn't stop it from coming back on you may need to do a hard reset to fix the bug. However it sounds like you have Notify Me enabled so each time you open an app that uses WiFi it turns on your WiFi automatically to check for a connection, and this would explain your On Off issue.Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
- By karimito in forum LG G2Replies: 20Last Post: 03-06-2014, 01:00 PM
- By dragonlx in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 13Last Post: 02-03-2014, 11:15 AM
- By wjenkins1194 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-03-2014, 05:27 PM
- By egscms in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-03-2014, 12:19 AM
- By BIGsinner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 01-02-2014, 08:02 PM