BoomSound on HTC Desire Series Vs One

nirajvashi

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One is considered to be the loudest smartphone in the market today due to its BoomSound Technology with two Front Speakers and Built-In Amplifiers.

HTC has also instroduced BoomSound to its Desire Series with phones like HTC Desire 700, HTC Desire 600 etc.

Can anybody throw some light on whether the Desire Series Phones are as loud as the HTC One?

Thank you

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One is considered to be the loudest smartphone in the market today
Where did you hear this? The larger, front facing speakers are nice a clear and offer good audio reproduction for a phone, but I don't think it was ever considered all that loud.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Where did you hear this? The larger, front facing speakers are nice a clear and offer good audio reproduction for a phone, but I don't think it was ever considered all that loud.

The replacement One I received is very different in sound quality than my first One.

My first One had great sound and average to above average volume but boom only made a slight difference.

My new One still has great sound but it's louder. Not only that but there is a huge difference when you toggle boom on and off.

Not sure why but it is what it is

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

nirajvashi

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Can someone suggest me a smartphone that is louder than the HTC One? Thank you

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Can someone suggest me a smartphone that is louder than the HTC One? Thank you
Most of the ones I've used recently have been about the same. I'm sure there are slight differences, but in everyday use the differences won't show up.

Where the HTC One speakers shine is that they're large, clear and font facing, which is so obvious it's painful. Why did no one do this before?

nirajvashi

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Most of the ones I've used recently have been about the same. I'm sure there are slight differences, but in everyday use the differences won't show up.

Where the HTC One speakers shine is that they're large, clear and font facing, which is so obvious it's painful. Why did no one do this before?

Are you referring to the Loudspeaker Audio Playback Quality or the Loudspeaker during Voice Calls?

The following is a link which praises the Loudspeaker

Comparing the HTC One speakers | Android Central

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Are you referring to the Loudspeaker Audio Playback Quality or the Loudspeaker during Voice Calls?

The following is a link which praises the Loudspeaker

Comparing the HTC One speakers | Android Central
Specifically talking about music and video playback, though using it as a speakerphone is great too.

I previously read the article and totally disagree with the line that you can't have alerts on anything but the lowest volume setting. I keep mine at about 50% or greater and it's just about perfect for making sure I hear it while not being an annoyance to others.

nirajvashi

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
The original questions still remain unanswered:

1) Is the Desire Series with the BoomSound as loud as the HTC One?

2) Is the HTC One loudest Smartphone on the Planet as far as the Audio Playback on the loudspeaker is concerned?

I request the experts to throw some light on the above.

nirajvashi

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
It is also said that the HTC One went through blown speaker problem and due to that they reduced the sound volume in the software upgrade. Can anybody throw some light on the issue?

riche-rich

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes I think so as my "one" sounded slightly quieter after update 4.2.2 , I can belive notifications had to be on lowest volume for some before this update and was extremely loud ,did love the higher volume but better than blown speakers ! On update 4.3 now and no problems

Posted via Android Central App

nirajvashi

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes I think so as my "one" sounded slightly quieter after update 4.2.2 , I can belive notifications had to be on lowest volume for some before this update and was extremely loud ,did love the higher volume but better than blown speakers ! On update 4.3 now and no problems

Posted via Android Central App

Can you please elaborate on the loudness of the Speaker during Audio / Video Playback ? After the 4.3 update, it is better than the original, at par or at lower volumes? Thank you