GPS icon

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
My gps icon is showing constantly in my top bar. I have tried to get rid of it but it will not go away. New to htc any help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, let's make sure it's the GPS icon--can you show us a screenshot? Apologies if you're very experienced, but it can be hard to tell by just reading a post.

How have you tried to get rid of it? I assume you've gone to the appropriate GPS section of the Settings, and turned it off there (or changed Location to "Battery Saving", which is how it is now in Android 4.4.2)?

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
go to settings > location and find out what app is requesting your location.

terminate the app, or apps until you find out which one is responsible.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The circle with the plus is not the gps symbol. That is the location symbol. You can turn it off in the settings. The gps symbol is the one that looks like a radar antenna with waves coming out of it.

Posted via Android Central App

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The circle with the plus is not the gps symbol. That is the location symbol. You can turn it off in the settings. The gps symbol is the one that looks like a radar antenna with waves coming out of it.

So basically I am looking at even if I turn it off the icon will still be there. I can live with it. Only had the device less than a day so I am still learning it. Thanks for your help

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
So basically I am looking at even if I turn it off the icon will still be there. I can live with it. Only had the device less than a day so I am still learning it. Thanks for your help

that icon means you have locations turned on - you are allowing apps to use the GPS if they need it.

it doesn't mean the GPS is actively working (there is another icon for that).

not all htc one show that icon constantly (i think depends on your htc one model). is yours a verizon htc one?

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
that icon means you have locations turned on - you are allowing apps to use the GPS if they need it.

not all htc one show that icon constantly (i think depends on your htc one model). is yours a verizon htc one?

GPS icon shows only when an app is using it.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Yes I have the vzw HTC one

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings then location and you should see this. Turn the switch off at the top for location.
u2amezej.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89