Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default flashlight app that has the possibility of mapping the on/off capability to the volume button?

I have a HTC one and I need a flashlight app that has the possibility of mapping the on/off capability to the volume button

Default Re: flashlight app that has the possibility of mapping the on/off capability to the volume button?

Oooohhh, nice!! I never thought of that one... Unfortunately, I haven't seen any app that offers this There MAY be an app that can do this, though, I just haven't seen one. But it would be a great feature!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: flashlight app that has the possibility of mapping the on/off capability to the volume button?

Anyone else?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Haven't tried it, but at least it advertises as being able to do exactly what you want.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.whiteer2

And this one claims to do the same but with a power button 'double click'
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yohad

Not really an answer to your question, but perhaps a solution to your problem; have you looked into whether something like "Pressy" would work for you?
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by litig8or98 View Post
    Not really an answer to your question, but perhaps a solution to your problem; have you looked into whether something like "Pressy" would work for you?
    That app works great thanks for everyone's help

I've been using the HTC flashlight app. It has the ability to use the volume buttons to turn on/off and change the intensity of the light. Hope this helps.
    HTC flashlight apk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by thisismario123 View Post
    I've been using the HTC flashlight app. It has the ability to use the volume buttons to turn on/off and change the intensity of the light. Hope this helps.
    HTC flashlight apk
    The link is dead

This certainly is possible. I mess around developing for Android and could get it running but I think I'm probably too busy at this time with other projects to do it for you. I'm sure there is an app already that has this feature.