Verizon HTC One m7 4.4.2 , sense 6 update caused *root failure* on weaksauce

Sharpshooter238

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Verizon M7 off ebay. Looks like the owner updated it to 4.4.2 and Sense 6 with HBOOT 1.57.

Tried Weaksauce for root - doesn't work.
Tried Towelroot for root - says it gives me root, but when I run root checker says no root.
After running Towelroot, run Sunshine. It tells me I need to run TempRoot which I do and it goes through the process and says: "SU access denied - SunShine was unable to gain root with SU, please ensure su is functioning properly and try again."

I am out of luck or is there a backdoor?

Had this problem for while, and you're gunna beat your head off the wall...

Sunshine works ONLY on COMPLETE STOCK models. Did some hard reading all day today at work.

Uninstall Weaksauce
Uninstall Towelroot
Uninstall ALL SuperUser apps

Restart your phone. Wait for it is fully booted. Done preparing SIM, acquire signal, All that good stuff.

Then run Sunshine. Make sure you're over 50% battery life. Pay attention to the app as it does its work, series of questions pop up during its tasks. Pay the $25. Continue to follow its requests, and thats all she wrote, folks. Best $25 I've spent in a long while.

My current stats When I Ran sunshine was
Verizon HTC One M7
Hboot 1.57
Sense 6
Kitkat 4.4.2

jeffcalloway

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks sharpshooter238. I will try this now. When you say uninstall all Super User apps, are you talking about just he SU apps or apps that rely on SU like OTA RootKeeper, Titanium etc...?