Boot loader unlock?

CeasareBorgia

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What is the holdup on the boot loader unlock? I am on the fence regarding the purchase of this phone, but I am scared that this phone will never be unlocked and thus be devoid of all the rommy goodness out there!
Does anyone have any info? Recommendations?

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
What is the holdup on the boot loader unlock? I am on the fence regarding the purchase of this phone, but I am scared that this phone will never be unlocked and thus be devoid of all the rommy goodness out there!
Does anyone have any info? Recommendations?

The hold up is the bootloader being locked, and there not being a software exploit to acheive root like on the Inspire. Check out the threads over on XDA. We have threads on a couple petitions and a thread on a possible class action lawsuit brewing over the bootloader being locked and not unlocked yet. It is only a matter of time before we get the bootloader unlocked and permaroot established. I'm getting the Vivid later this month and will use it stock until established permaroot so I can get the Sensation XL's Sense 3.5 on it. There is no other phone on AT&T's lineup that I want over the Vivid.

Sent from my HTC Inspire on RunnyDroid 1.1