Att finally pushing ics update

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I can't tell the difference at all.....What are the things in the update other than some setting adjustments? Supposedly the screen and batter are better but I can't tell. The beats I'm guessing only works with headphones cause I can't click on it... I kinda liked the old interface better.

Splitz

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I can't tell the difference at all.....What are the things in the update other than some setting adjustments? Supposedly the screen and batter are better but I can't tell. The beats I'm guessing only works with headphones cause I can't click on it... I kinda liked the old interface better.

From what I've noticed:

1. Resolution has improved. Or, they just changed the font size to make it look less pixely.
2. Noticed battery improvement
3. Very iOS'esque with the bottom 4 selections always being on the screen. But you can change them.
4. Ability to track data usage without a 3rd part app. Once you hit your limit (say 3GB it will turn off network data).
5. Beats Audio (never used anyway)
6. Native mail app better interface
7. Louder speaker phone!

I don't see much difference between Sense 3.0 and 3.6, so meh.

Battery life will be tested today when I'm at the office. I carry my phone around all day but can't use it IN the office due to classified information around and I keep WiFi on. I would say an hour of actual use in business hours (breaks/lunch). So I look at standby time more than "usage" time.

Savvyray

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Seriously? Single swipe to delete notifications in notification window.
Ability to pull down notification window while phone is locked.
Better email client
changed font
beats audio
quicker scrolling
different settings menu
dock bar on the bottom to hold more apps

and a lot more.... you really cant tell the difference?

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For some reason flash player is not working even though plugins are set to always on. The market says I need to update adobe flash but when I try it keeps saying it is busy and to try again later. Anyone else having this issue?

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Selected New Features

Beats Audio - Enhance your music and video experience with Beats Audio. Whenever a media file is played using the default media players or most third-party applications, the Beats Audio indicator will appear in the notification bar. Simply tap the notification to enable or disable Beats Audio. You can also turn Beats Audio on or off in the Settings menu. Note: Beats Audio will only work when headphones or an external speaker is connected. This is to ensure the best possible audio quality.

Face Unlock - Face Unlock is a new screen-lock option that lets you unlock your device using face recognition. It takes advantage of the device's front-facing camera and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to register a face during setup, and then to recognize it again when unlocking the device. Just hold your device in front of your face to unlock, or use a backup PIN or pattern.

Improved email - Easier to send, read and manage through recipient auto-completion, stored text, and nested sub-folders. For enterprises, the Email app supports EAS v14. It supports EAS certificate authentication, provides ABQ strings for device type and mode, and allows automatic sync to be disabled while roaming. Administrators can also limit attachment size or disable attachments.

Bluetooth Mouse and keyboard - Use a Bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard with your device and adjust its settings.

UI Improvements - Access the notification bar on the lock screen. Drag apps/shortcuts on top of one another to create folders. New fully customizable Launch Bar at the bottom of the screen. Resizable widgets.

Advanced Voice and Text Input - More robust and can be used to dictate an entire email. Intelligent enough to recognize pauses, breaks and punctuation. Advanced Spell Checker

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...newgingerbreadvsics_032112.pdf&token=HdNmqND8

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
How do u " single swipe to delete notifications"?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

To single swipe to clear notifications you would slide either left or right on the notification in the notification bar.
Another cool feature is holding down the home key to bring up apps that are being used. Its an awesome way to multitasking. From any page you can do it. Lots of cool new stuff.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For some reason flash player is not working even though plugins are set to always on. The market says I need to update adobe flash but when I try it keeps saying it is busy and to try again later. Anyone else having this issue?

Ok let me phrase this a different way. For the people that have downloaded this update, is flash working for you?

Last edited:

MrTurner90

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. Have any of you tried out your cameras yet? I'm wondering if the "zero Shutter Lag" is a software thing, or hardware? I'm thinking hardware because I thought i read somewhere Smartphone cameras dont have "moving parts". I have a GSII so i can't try it out yet, but congrats on the update!!