Rapid Battery Drain & Hot Phone

faharrison

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Vivid for approximately 2 months. In that time at three different times the enitre phone has become very warm and the battery drain is such that a full charge will only last not much more than an hour. Under normal use my battery level is down approximately 1/2 of its capacity in 24 hours. Turning the phone completely off then back on, rather than restarting, seems to solve the problem. Another strange thing is that my wife's Aria, did the same thing at the same time on one occasion . Neither of the phones were being used at that time. I had mentioned to her that my phone was very warm and when she picked up hers it was also very warm. On both phones the software is up to date.

Thanks for some help.

FAH

PS

Sorry, I had previously posted this to another forum. My bad.

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
What part of the phone is warm? I recently lost the screen on my Vivid, though the phone would power up. But without the screen, the phone can't be used. The battery takes up the top half of the phone...that wasn't warm. The bottom half of the phone was the part that was warm...that's where a lot of the circuitry is. In my case, something fried itself and heated up. I took it to the Service Center and within 10 minutes, they gave me another phone...under warranty.

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Or it could be that you (Not you, KurtTX) have no idea on battery saving on Android devices. Is your GPS enabled? Is your WiFi on when you have no signal? Do you have background data enabled? Is your Bluetooth on but not in use? Let's try to answer these questions first so we could better help you.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216