This is an OtterBox?

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered an OtterBox for my Vivid and I'm not impressed. I bought the defender series because I've always been really impressed with the durability and like the face that it has the built in screen protector.

I got this thing yesterday about 530 and immediately put it on. The face plate doesn't fit right the plastic shell is super thin and the rubber outer piece doesn't even fit the plastic shell right.

It's better than nothing and with my job nothing isn't an option but I won't be happy if this thing doesn't hold up.

Sent from Razorback Country.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered an OtterBox for my Vivid and I'm not impressed. I bought the defender series because I've always been really impressed with the durability and like the face that it has the built in screen protector.

I got this thing yesterday about 530 and immediately put it on. The face plate doesn't fit right the plastic shell is super thin and the rubber outer piece doesn't even fit the plastic shell right.

It's better than nothing and with my job nothing isn't an option but I won't be happy if this thing doesn't hold up.

Sent from Razorback Country.

Why don't you just send it back? :confused:

Splitz

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Otterbox Impact (rubber shell only) which included a screen protector.

I found that the Commuter series made the phone WAY to bulky. Its already a heavy phone, didn't want to make it even worse.

I love Otterbox products, I've got the Commuter on my iPod Touch, I've had zero problems in 2 years with it. Otterbox is good !

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Totally glad I didn't send this back.

I was drinking with some friends last night and had my phone on the balcony railing. One of my friends accidentally knocked my phone off the 2nd story balcony and it fell to the ground. Otterbox was shattered but not a scratch on my phone.

THANK GAWD.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Got an Otter Defender, and I agree the rubber doesn't fit right around the hard shell, and the gap between the screen protector and the phone speaker lets crap get in between the protector and the screen. I've taken it apart and put it back together so much that most of the plastic clips that hold the hardshell together have broken. But even so, it feels super SOLID and I will NEVER keep my phone out it longer than it takes to occasionally clean the screen. I've had the phone since January and the case since ~Februaryish - the phone still looks almost brand new (the finish on the aluminum battery cover started rubbing off in those 2 weeks in January before I had a case). I'd say for its faults, this case is still a superb purchase.

hawksfan816

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Those of you that have a Otterbox that is broken or doesnt fit right they will replace your case. I have the defender for the Vivid called them on the 10/8 took 5mins litterally and got my new one on Saturday. They made some improvements to the case the rubber material feels different and fits flush around the corners my old case didnt and the screen protector fits and feels better I notice its clearer and fingerprints dont show as easy. So call em was very simple and easy. Here's the number 855-688-7269 or you can go to otterbox.com and fill out a form. Found it easier to call. Otterbox take care of their customers very impressed with the lvl of customer service.

Vic Nebulous

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an Otterbox Commuter on my Vivid -- fits like a glove. Sure, they make it a bit more bulky, but you're buying it to protect the device, right?

These things are pretty hard core. My old Atrix had an Otterbox Commuter on it when it fell from the roof of my moving car and bounced down the Mass Turnpike at 60 MPH. It was found, brought to an AT&T store, where the SIM was removed and serial number run. They contacted me, I got it back via mail, and the damn thing turned on immediately. Only problem was that the AT&T store failed to re-apply the outer plastic case after opening it up to remove the SIM, so it arrived with just the rubber. Small price to pay to get the phone back after a bone-headed move on my part. I also have my iPad wrapped in Otterly goodness, and it's protected it very well.

Oh -- and customer service -- in another boneheaded move, I screwed up the screen protector on the Atrix Commuter, and griped to customer service, they immediately sent me another one. Meanwhile, I discovered that I had been doing it wrong, and called them back to say forget it...my fault...they still sent the piece. Very responsive.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been putting off calling them - I've got an older defender that has the doesn't-fit-around-the-edges rubber and would like to see the redesigned workmanship.

keystone28

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I got my Otter Box this past Saturday, put it on, went to get gas and on getting out of the car, dropped my phone for the first time ever -Droid, iphone, any phone- and thought Id really buggered it up. but when I picked it up, it was safe and sound.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Screw otterbox. I had a commuter on my Vivid from the time I bought it till last week and I took it off, been going naked with it while I wait for a tpu case to come. Realized the stupid otterbox was one of the reasons I hated my phone, it's a much better phone without it! First one thing this is the smaller otterbox and it's bulky and fugly. Secondly the screen bumper were too tall making hitting keys on the sides in portrait difficult, and finally my proximity sensor never worked right with that ugly pos on. Too much of a gap between my face and the case causing me to mute, hang up, and switch to speaker on other callers.

It's a totally different phone without the otterbox. Do yourself a favor and throw that piece of crap in the garbage where it belongs!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had none of those issues with my Otterbox. A bit more bulky, but with it, it doesn't slide as easily due to the exposed rubber. As always, YMMV.

Kurt

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm just beginning to think bulky cases are pointless. Why get a slim and sexy phone only to ruin it with a bulky case? I think a lot of phones, including the vivid, are too slick so a clear tpu case is about perfect, increases grip without sacrificing aesthetics.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana