vivid froze on white htc screen

James Moises

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
yup I checked it and found the HTCdriver.exe from your drop box, then intalled it and after installation, I didn't find/found the app/shortcut for the htc driver o_O

DurrellW

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
OperationA7X, hey bud! Dealing with the same issue as servin. I went to the link that you provided and it is saying that my computer doesn't recognize the drivers. I'm not the best PC minded person around, but any info would help. Thanks a lot!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
yup I checked it and found the HTCdriver.exe from your drop box, then intalled it and after installation, I didn't find/found the app/shortcut for the htc driver o_O

It's not an app, it's just a file that installs the drivers for your phone.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
OperationA7X, hey bud! Dealing with the same issue as servin. I went to the link that you provided and it is saying that my computer doesn't recognize the drivers. I'm not the best PC minded person around, but any info would help. Thanks a lot!

What Operating System do you have?

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

faldren

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,
have been following through this thread in the hope it will resurrect my HTC Velocity which I believe is known as a Vivid in the US.
2 days ago my phone screen changed while I was driving to to one that says the following

*** LOCKED ***
HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT -1.85.0029
eMMC-boot
Mar 152012, 17:46:42
HBOOT
<VOL UP>to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT (in green text and the default selected option)
RECOVERY ( in dark green text)
FACTORY REST ( in red text)
CLEAR STORAGE (in black text)
SIMLOCK (in blue text)
IMAGE CRC (in black text)

Now highlighting any option and pressing the power button does nothing and to turn the pone off I have to remove the battery.
I have installed HTC active synch on my PC and have used 3 different USB cables but my phone is not being found by the PC, I do get the power light on the phone so I know it is charging but it is not being recognized.
I downloaded the RUU from earlier in this thread but since the phone is not being recognised it cannot install the RUU to my phone.
I saw mentioned in earlier posts that when I connect the phone to the PC I should see the menu on the phone change to FASTBOOT USB but I never see this happen.

I have completed the active synch install on both win 7 and windows 8 but neither has worked for me.

Any suggestions?

cheers

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys and gals,
have been following through this thread in the hope it will resurrect my HTC Velocity which I believe is known as a Vivid in the US.
2 days ago my phone screen changed while I was driving to to one that says the following

*** LOCKED ***
HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT -1.85.0029
eMMC-boot
Mar 152012, 17:46:42
HBOOT
<VOL UP>to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT (in green text and the default selected option)
RECOVERY ( in dark green text)
FACTORY REST ( in red text)
CLEAR STORAGE (in black text)
SIMLOCK (in blue text)
IMAGE CRC (in black text)

Now highlighting any option and pressing the power button does nothing and to turn the pone off I have to remove the battery.
I have installed HTC active synch on my PC and have used 3 different USB cables but my phone is not being found by the PC, I do get the power light on the phone so I know it is charging but it is not being recognized.
I downloaded the RUU from earlier in this thread but since the phone is not being recognised it cannot install the RUU to my phone.
I saw mentioned in earlier posts that when I connect the phone to the PC I should see the menu on the phone change to FASTBOOT USB but I never see this happen.

I have completed the active synch install on both win 7 and windows 8 but neither has worked for me.

Any suggestions?

cheers

Have you downloaded the HTC Drivers?

faldren

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi OperationA7X,
I had thought the drivers would be HTC Synch but following your reply I have installed the driver package. The steps i took are below.
1. Installed the drivers
2. Rebooted laptop
3. Started HTC Synch
4. Plugged phone in (at this point the notification on bottom left of windows tells me there is a HTC Android device with 2 drives, but never mounts the drives, it did this prior to driver install too)
5. Turn on phone
6. the phone goes through a small boot and arrives on the screen mentioned above.
7. HTC synch does not see the phone

Hope you have further suggestions otherwise i think i am stuffed :)

Cheers

disan disbeats

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
please friends i got a problem with my device htc vivid(PH39100) which i had rooted for the last 2 weeks but now this time i wanted to flash "pimp my beats" and found out later that i had wiped my system yet i had not made a nandroid backup and per now it shows a white screen on boot. ive tried looking for htc vivid Ruu's on the internet but the downloads are unavailable. but per now i gat only htc drivers,minimal adb fastboot and a usb. pleeease friends kindly beg you to help me up get back my sandwitch rom because am stuck on wat to do. thank you

disan disbeats

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
helo OperationA7X please can you help me with an htc vivid PH39100's RUU if you got any because my htc vivid was system wiped without a nandroid backup, please help i'll b so glad if my request is put in consideration by any one, thank you

TanzirAhmed

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Have all the HTC drivers installed, so able to get the phone connected to PC and able to see the red-background FASTBOOT USB as well. Tried running the RUU (htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_R23_US) couple of times now with different cords, no luck yet. It's a never ending 10minutes, phone even ran out of battery once and turned itself off after couple of hours. I would really like to see if there's a way to get the phone back up and running with some of the data retrieved, at least the ones on the phone internal storage, as I was not using an external storage.
Rebooting to bootloader........
Updating the ROM image on your Android phone...
This is what I keep seeing throughout the process on the PC screen, nothing shows up on the phone screen.

**** LOCKED ****
HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.85.0025
MICROP-0360
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0202
eMMC-boot
Mar 1 2012,17:09:49

Is there any way I might be able to retrieve the data on the phone? Would appreciate your help.

debiy55

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I've been reading all the posts on Htc vivid stuck on the HTC white screen (which I have too btw and an HTC VIVID PH39100) but I'm having a problem finding and downloading the RUU file I'm able to get it hooked to my pc where it says FASTBOOT USB. But I can't get any farther because every time I click on a link to get the RUU file it takes me to a page that says it has been taken down.I've looked elsewhere for the RUU file and got one downloaded but wouldn't work, got and error message saying it wasn't a valid windows file. I have Win7. I also have NO IDEA what I'm doing :-[

Please, please please.. Could someone post a new link to the HTC VIVID RUU file. And tell me exactly how to download it and use it, I'm probably doing something wrong, I'm kinda new at this (what an UNDERSTATEMENT). :eek: I'm also disabled and am totally lost without a phone, and can't afford to buy a new one. Thanks so much to anyone that can help me!!!!

Deb

Last edited:

kekeer

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
It's not an app, it's just a file that installs the drivers for your phone.

Im having the same problem ..got all the other steps done. Just stuck on the RUU part. Cant find it in my downloads ..and i installed the htcdriver but when i click it ..it just wants to install again . Help please im so close !!!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same problem ..got all the other steps done. Just stuck on the RUU part. Cant find it in my downloads ..and i installed the htcdriver but when i click it ..it just wants to install again . Help please im so close !!!
Make sure your phone is in the bootloader. Drivers are already installed once you run HTC Driver. Run the RUU, and follow the instructions on-screen.

BrittRR

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
let me start by saying that I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. when I plug in the usb my phone reads fasboot usb but a message pops up on computer that reads that it does not recognize device.
your link is not compatible with my operating system. I went to the htc website and installed a bunch of stuff for htc sync and ruu. the ruu won't open because my phone isn't connected but the instructions to connect through htc sync requires that I go to the settings on my phone, which I cant because of the white screen..... What do I do?