WhatsApp delayed messages while on idle..

mate7andme

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
For some reason, in the morning I noticed that all my mesges arrive in the same time. I have checked the whatsup settings , I have put the "keep Wi-Fi on during sleep on" to " Always " , I have checked off the box with "Wi-Fi optimization" to save batery. " Scanning always available " is "on" ..So what more should I do, so I receive my meseges right away, without any delay? Thank you for your time!

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Whatsup delayed messages while on idle..

Do you keep your phone in your pocket?

I have noticed that an iffy cell/Wi-Fi signal can become a non-existent signal when my phone is dropped into my pants (especially jeans) pocket. And, I would imagine the effect would be even worse if the phone is carried in a purse/pocketbook/messenger bag.

mate7andme

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

I should have mentioned that this happens over night. When I wake up, I look at the phone and there are no whatsup messages, then after a few seconds all shows up in the same time. Like the phone was turned off..
I would prefer to have them arriving at the moment that a person is sending me the message not hours later. And no, this doesn't happen during the day, only if the phone has not been active for a while.
Thank you!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Does it happen only with Whatsapp or with all your apps? I mean, can you receive notifications at night from a different app?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I should have mentioned that this happens over night. When I wake up, I look at the phone and there are no whatsup messages, then after a few seconds all shows up in the same time. Like the phone was turned off..
I would prefer to have them arriving at the moment that a person is sending me the message not hours later. And no, this doesn't happen during the day, only if the phone has not been active for a while.
Thank you!

Is your phone running Android 6 / Marshmallow? It sounds like the phone is dropping into the new Doze mode and not waking for WhatsApp notifications. I'm not sure if this is a WhatsApp bug or not.

Are you using a battery saver/optimizer app?

mate7andme

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks all for helping!
I haven't noticed any problems with other aps. I will update today to 5.1 and I'll see if the problem persists. Do you guys have updated to 5.1? What's the difference? Thank you all!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Better waiting for the update then and see if the problem persists. I read that there's a bug in some Huawei devices that makes some notification not going through when the phone is idle. Tell us how it goes.

mate7andme

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, I updated to 5.1.1 Lollipop. It seems okay so far. I haven't noticed so many changes yet. Kinda works faster and smoother. But with 3GB ram it should anyway.. The knuckle thing is not working as I thought. You have to knock pretty hard to make a print screen. I don't know if I'm going to use it. It feels like you are about to crack the screen lol :))
I'm curious about the idle problem if it's resolved.
Do you guys also have mate 7? What's your opinion about it? Any thing you like or dislike in particular?
Thanks and have a nice day! :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's good news then! Tell us how things go after the update. And no, I don't have that phone, it's not available where I live.

mate7andme

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, it seems solved. The whatsup messages where there lol. But I'll check more tomorrow:). Abut the phone now, the reason that made me find it was because I was fed up with smartphones that just died.. It doesn't matter how wonderful and smart a phone is, if the battery just dies...So I found this and it's truly amazing! Both smart and powerful and with long lasting battery. I find myself with the battery at 60% after a long day of usage. Now I just don't care about ever thinking that I might end up without juice:) Another good thing is the finger print scanner that really really works. So I'm pleased with it now that the whatsup thing hopefully is fixed.:) There are many things that I like about this phone but I start to sound like a commercial:)) Ask me instead and I'll answer:)

sabkt

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It's simple , you have to alow whatsapp to keep running.
For some reason, in the morning I noticed that all my mesges arrive in the same time. I have checked the whatsup settings , I have put the "keep Wi-Fi on during sleep on" to " Always " , I have checked off the box with "Wi-Fi optimization" to save batery. " Scanning always available " is "on" ..So what more should I do, so I receive my meseges right away, without any delay? Thank you for your time!