How to unlock a phone when you forget your password?

shehryaramjad

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I forgot the password to a Huawei Ascend P6. And it's not the pattern lock. If there is any way I can reset it or unlock it, please tell me. Btw, the phone is connected to Wi-Fi and even signed into a Google Account.

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
After a few missed attempts, it should ask you to enter your Google Account credentials. That will unlock the device and let you change your password. Are you seeing that option?

shehryaramjad

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Since I forgot the password, I tried entering the password too many times to hopefully get the option of using the Google Account. But it just says, "Try again in 30 seconds".

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, you can look up the app AndroidLost. Decide if you are ok with giving this app permissions, etc. If you are, you can remotely install the app and then send an sms to activate it. Once activated I believe you can send an sms to change the pin. You may need to go to their website for instructions on how to activate it with the screen locked.

Edit: Not sure if it's been fixed or not but I see the remote activation of the app was broken by a Google API change end of July. The dev was looking for a fix at that time. Hopefully, they found a new way to do it.

Last edited:

JoAnn Guenther

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I have lock screen on my note 5 and I forgot so I only have 1 attempt n then it says it will erase all my info n reset it :( please is there any way to unlock it without resetting?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699