Huawei / EMUI 4.1 and SD card management

qmatteoq

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I've recently bought a P9 Lite which, I think, software side it should be the same as a P9, so Android 6.0 with EMUI 4.1. Since the storage isnt' that much (16 GB), I've bought a 32 GB Micro SD card but I'm having a hard time understand how the system handles it.
By default, I've noticed that, when I inserted it, the phone has automatically started to save some things on it, like pictures and videos taken with the camera. However, some other things, like apps or offline maps by Google, are still saved on the main memory.
In the phone settings I've found an option to switch, as main memory, from the internal one to the SD Card, but Huawei doesn't clear explain what this option really do. I only get a warning to pay attention to my data since the internal memory is encrypted, while the SD no.
Is there someone that can help me to understand the real meaning of this option?

Thanks!
Best

davidwilling

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
This maybe only a problem with mine, but I have the P9 and I got a 32Gb SD card and transferred all my photos across onto it. Then the SD card started having problems and the phone said that the SD card was corrupted. I stained my undies a little but when i put the SD card into my computer I managed to retrieve most of the videos and photos. I have decided NOT to continue using an SD card as do not want to risk losing all my files. I guess if storage becomes an issue then I will just backup all the files from the SD card onto my computer every week. At least if it goes corrupt again, then at least I will have the majority of my files safe!
With regards to your question, I was a little confused too so ended up going to the Files icon in the Tool sub-folder and then just manually copied and pasted them across from phone onto SD card. Haven't found an easier option as yet, but probably because I stopped using the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch