Poor Battery Life on my Huawei Watch

Acudoc

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had the watch since Sunday. I had one day where I had enormous battery drain - it wasn't holding a charge going all the way through two charges in one day. I did a factory reset and things improved - somewhat. Now there is no rapid drain but I still can't make it through an ordinary day.

This morning took watch off the charger at 8:30 and 100%.
Always on screen but with a very minimal watchface - just analog time and date on black background.
Tilt to wake off
Interactive brightness set at 3 (rather dim outdoors but trying to save battery)
Very moderate notifications coming in - maybe 15 - 20.
Watch likely never shifted to wifi as I was always with my phone.
At 4pm I had 24% battery remaining and put it on a charger.

I deleted Wear Mini Charger at that point in case it had something to do with the poor battery life. I'll report back on this.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Buji

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I would go for a replacement. Try disabling wifi though. I did and it made a difference. If your wifi reception is marginal its worse than not being in range (for the battery).

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I had great battery life except for the last couple days. I have not changed anything and I am using a default watch face. I think I am exchanging it

Posted via the Android Central App

GefH

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a weareal face always on but subtle dark mode. Similar no of notifications. Wifi on and phone not always with me (haven't seen wifi activate tho - maybe some testing needed) . 8am at 100 % 10pm at around 20% . Except on days I'm playing with faces and stuff.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone here exchange their huawei watch for a new, and has battery been better?

I use strava on my watch for a 20 minute bike ride to work in the morning, and it goes from 100-88% in that bike ride alone, that seems like too much of a drain, or am I expecting too much from such a small battery?

I had the gear s2 and the moto 360 2 before this and I don't recall the battery draining that much and that fast, I have wifi turned off, what do you guys think?

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I haven't done a detailed measurement and this is on the strength of only a couple of rides using Strava but my general impression is that Strava uses the battery on the watch a lot more than ridewithgps. It appears that Strava keeps the display lit the whole time, uses color and updates pretty regularly. Ridewithgps uses black and white and seems to update less often, perhaps only when glancing though I'm not sure.

Not super helpful I know but this is what I've observed so far.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I haven't done a detailed measurement and this is on the strength of only a couple of rides using Strava but my general impression is that Strava uses the battery on the watch a lot more than ridewithgps. It appears that Strava keeps the display lit the whole time, uses color and updates pretty regularly. Ridewithgps uses black and white and seems to update less often, perhaps only when glancing though I'm not sure.

Not super helpful I know but this is what I've observed so far.

Thanks you're right, today I rode to work and I dismissed strava on my watch so that is would stay on the background and not keep my watch lit up and tracking my speed, and when I got to work my battery had only gone down to 94 or96% I don't remember exactly, but it was the always on screen and the tracking of my speed that was eating up such a huge chunk of battery, thanks for the suggestion I'm going to give the other app a try.

JAWS40

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I know that each person has their own preference, but I've just had my watch for 2 days and I have it set to always off. I personally don't mind tapping the watch whenever I want to see the time. What I can say is that I have loaded multiple apps and played with it a lot today in addition to getting multiple notifications and using Google now multiple times throughout the day. I put the watch on at 7:30 a.m., it's now 8:43 p.m. and I'm sitting at 70% battery life left. To me that's well worth not having it on all the time.

tekmantoo

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I was having battery drain issues and connecting/disconnecting issues with my Huawei watch and my Nexus 6p. I tried resetting watch, uninstalling the android wear app and reinstalling to no avail. I finally did a factory reset of the watch AND the phone and I am so glad I did. I am getting phenomenal battery life now on both the watch and phone. I take my watch off the charger typically by 8:00 a.m. By 8:00 a.m. the following day I still have about 40% battery left and that's with lots of notifications throughout the day. I have it set to always on and having the brightness set to 4. The one thing I did after factory resetting was installed apps one at a time and not doing a full restore. Maybe there was some rogue app before but it's working great now.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
OK I must have something wrong because I lose 10% before I even get out of the door in the am. And that's with wrist gestures only and level 3 brightness.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Did a warranty exchange on my edge + and all of my watch issues have resolved. I did 3 factory resets to no avail. With the new phone, the watch syncs perfectly first time and I'm on almost 2 days of battery life. Happy camper.

TohR

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Try disabling wifi on your huawei watch. Worked wonders on mine, battery lasted way longer

TohR

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Not sure the connection but I noticed that when I use the stock watch faces of the Huawei Watch, battery lasts loooooong. Unplugged at 7am, it's now 8pm and I've got 44% left. Wifi off, brightness at 3. Moderately heavy usage.

But when I use WatchMaker faces, for some reason by this time it'll near empty with the same usage. And it's the faces that have minimal ambient mode bright elements. Weird but I'll try it again tomorrow.

ginobili1

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure the connection but I noticed that when I use the stock watch faces of the Huawei Watch, battery lasts loooooong. Unplugged at 7am, it's now 8pm and I've got 44% left. Wifi off, brightness at 3. Moderately heavy usage.

But when I use WatchMaker faces, for some reason by this time it'll near empty with the same usage. And it's the faces that have minimal ambient mode bright elements. Weird but I'll try it again tomorrow.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've been seeing the same on my watch as well. At first the watch could last for 2 days, and now it barely makes a day. Factory reset doesn't help, though I still had all the apps installed. Now trying removing one app after another, so far no luck.

I'll try your suggestion after, using Huawei's watchfaces. How can I tell which watchfaces are from Huawei without uninstalling watchmaker?

janaka corea

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
i had it bad where the battery would drain in 4-5 hrs, i thought it was a H/W issues but found out it was the wrist gestures, turned that off and in 12 hrs the battery only dropped to 50% I'm paired with a iPhone (not sure if that was the issue)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19