Wear OS4,/Battery drain

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else who received the October 2013/Wear OS4 update seeing a decrease in their battery?

I typically put my watch on the charger at 6:00 a.m. and by 9:00 a.m I would put it back on. The watch would last throughout the day and into the next morning and still have around 15% left. I do wear my watch at night for the sleep tracking. Now I'm barely getting 10 hours.

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Anyone else who received the October 2013/Wear OS4 update seeing a decrease in their battery?

I typically put my watch on the charger at 6:00 a.m. and by 9:00 a.m I would put it back on. The watch would last throughout the day and into the next morning and still have around 15% left. I do wear my watch at night for the sleep tracking. Now I'm barely getting 10 hours.
I haven't noticed much change since installing the Wear OS4 update, with a similar regimen to yours. My watch is typically on the charger at 5 AM to full, wear throughout the day and at night for sleep tracking. I typically have approximately 40% battery left the next morning. We all know that different users will have varied battery life depending on how they use their watch, but the important thing here is that mine hasn't changed significantly since the update, so decreased battery life doesn't appear to be a universal issue.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I haven't noticed much change since installing the Wear OS4 update, with a similar regimen to yours. My watch is typically on the charger at 5 AM to full, wear throughout the day and at night for sleep tracking. I typically have approximately 40% battery left the next morning. We all know that different users will have varied battery life depending on how they use their watch, but the important thing here is that mine hasn't changed significantly since the update, so decreased battery life doesn't appear to be a universal issue.
Thanks. Took watch off charger at 7am and it is at 56% as of this post at 2:05pm. Not using it any differently.

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Thanks. Took watch off charger at 7am and it is at 56% as of this post at 2:05pm. Not using it any differently.
Ouch! That's just crazy! If that were happening to me without a logical explanation, I would first try uninstalling and reinstalling software titles a few at a time to see if it made any difference. If it didn't make any difference, as much as we all try to avoid them, I would try a factory reset.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Ouch! That's just crazy! If that were happening to me without a logical explanation, I would first try uninstalling and reinstalling software titles a few at a time to see if it made any difference. If it didn't make any difference, as much as we all try to avoid them, I would try a factory reset.
Thanks, I've restarted and recharged it. See how it does.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
So, I ended up factory resetting and that resolved the problem. Take it off the charger at 9am and by 10pm at 40-45%. By morning still at around 20%.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss