Is it still a good purchase?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using Moto 360 1st generation and I am thinking of replacing it with Huawei Watch.

To current Huawei watch owners, how do you like the watch? Should I get this or wait for its v2? Haven't heard any news/rumors on v2 though.

Thanks!

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the Huawei Watch is still a great buy! Especially if you can score a deal somewhere.

I also upgraded from a Moto 360 1st gen and I'm glad I did!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed the $100 discount on the Huawei watch at Best Buy and have been considering both the Huawei and Samsung Gear S6 ($50 discount at Amazon too). From the reviews I've read, the Huawei is a high quality piece, but the biggest turn off for me is the massive thickness of the watch. I know thick and chunky watches seem to be the fad, but I'd prefer a more 'normal' sized watch. The Gear S2 is more normal watch size, and that's the appeal for me. I guess I need to see these watches in person to make a judgment on the size.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought it and it wasn't worth the $400 for me. But now at $300, i might pick it back up. I enjoyed it when it was working correctly. It kept constantly disconnecting to my Nexus 6P. Not sure why at $300, and hopefully software updates, it's fixed.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am too confused...I am using moto 360 gen 1...I am getting silver metal with mess band for 349$ is it worth the update from moto 360 and I love that it has built in speaker to answer calls

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am too confused...I am using moto 360 gen 1...I am getting silver metal with mess band for 349$ is it worth the update from moto 360 and I love that it has built in speaker to answer calls

Every gen 2 watch is worth the upgrade from the 1st-gen 360, so I wouldn't lose sleep over that.

Posted via the Android Central App

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Every gen 2 watch is worth the upgrade from the 1st-gen 360, so I wouldn't lose sleep over that.

Bro I was talking about huawei smart watch...what luck I ordered on amazon for 349$ but for some error order dint go thru...soo I dint care...and same night I was surfing...and saw same watch on sale on best buy for 299 $...just ordered that will sell my moto gen 1 gold...will be nice change from gold to titanium silver with mesh band

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Bro I was talking about huawei smart watch...what luck I ordered on amazon for 349$ but for some error order dint go thru...soo I dint care...and same night I was surfing...and saw same watch on sale on best buy for 299 $...just ordered that will sell my moto gen 1 gold...will be nice change from gold to titanium silver with mesh band

I know! The Huawei Watch is 2nd-gen, so yes, it's a worthwhile update from the 1st-gen Moto.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah i got from best buy for 299$....silver with mesh band

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had it and returned it with a bunch of issues I had. But seems like software updates fixed the issues I was seeing with constant Bluetooth disconnection, battery draining quickly and minor bugs with freezes. And now it's on sale again, it's very tempting.

Seeing what's out there, this is a cross between current gen Android wear and next gen Android wear. Speaker seems the be the next thing on Android wear.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I had it and returned it with a bunch of issues I had. But seems like software updates fixed the issues I was seeing with constant Bluetooth disconnection, battery draining quickly and minor bugs with freezes. And now it's on sale again, it's very tempting.

Seeing what's out there, this is a cross between current gen Android wear and next gen Android wear. Speaker seems the be the next thing on Android wear.

I hope 2.0 improves the speaker experience, because it kinda sucks right now.

When I'm doing a video Hangout, no, I don't want to listen and talk through my tiny watch speaker while I hold my phone anyway. When I'm in the car, I'd rather use its speaker system than my watch's tiny speaker. :/

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I hope 2.0 improves the speaker experience, because it kinda sucks right now.

When I'm doing a video Hangout, no, I don't want to listen and talk through my tiny watch speaker while I hold my phone anyway. When I'm in the car, I'd rather use its speaker system than my watch's tiny speaker. :/

Doubt it. You can only fit so much into that little case. Small speaker means low powered.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Doubt it. You can only fit so much into that little case. Small speaker means low powered.

Gear S was a lot louder. Even better though: it didn't monopolize the Bluetooth connection. It knew when you were connected to your Bluetooth headset, the car, or an external speaker, and gave priority to them.

Google's going to have to figure that out.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
On my phone with any Bluetooth connected device, if I answer from my phone, it goes through my phone, if I answer with my BT speaker, it goes through that, if I answer with my headset, it goes through that.

The only thing that it doesn't go through is when I answer when I'm in my car, it automatically goes to my car.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
On my phone with any Bluetooth connected device, if I answer from my phone, it goes through my phone, if I answer with my BT speaker, it goes through that, if I answer with my headset, it goes through that.

The only thing that it doesn't go through is when I answer when I'm in my car, it automatically goes to my car.

Exactly! That's how it should be.

With my Huawei Watch though, if I answer from my phone, it goes to the watch. Bluetooth headset... the watch. Car... the watch.

Are you using a Huawei in what you described?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38