Galaxy Tablet with Laptop Like solution

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't compare since I don't have an iPad or pixel tablet. But I can say that the Tab S9 Ultra with the Book Keyboard cover is a pretty good setup.
I do recommend using the Samsung internet browser. I just discovered that you can't use Chrome extensions on the mobile Chrome browser. It doesn't seem to care if you are in DEX or not, it just doesn't work. But I do use extensions (like Rakuten) with the Samsung browser.

Now, in fairness this is a pretty expensive setup. Even with a trade-in and discounts I spent more on this than my Galaxy book 360 which is a pretty good Windows PC.
It all depends on what you want. I like the tablet format and use the keyboard occasionally. But I mostly use the keyboard as a protective case.

Reactions: maverick786us

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
How would you compare that entire setup with a google tablet with a magic keyboard, which doesn't have an S-Pen
I don't know. I've never owned a Google tablet. Google hasn't put a lot of work into its tablets. Even the newest Pixel Tablet is not much better than a Google Nest Hub. Samsung seems to be the only Android tablet OEM that makes tablets that can actually be used like a laptop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I've never owned a Google tablet. Google hasn't put a lot of work into its tablets. Even the newest Pixel Tablet is not much better than a Google Nest Hub. Samsung seems to be the only Android tablet OEM that makes tablets that can actually be used like a laptop.
I mentioned earlier that I've been pretty happy using my Pixel Tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard and USI stylus so far. It's been a decent replacement for my Chromebook at work and while traveling.

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Google is doing a great job with its Pixel Smartphone line up, so I am sure they will eventually expand their horizon on tablets. Just like their Pixel OS is so refined, their tablets will be a great alternatives to iOS when it comes to android refinement without any bloatware provided by other android tablets

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Google is doing a great job with its Pixel Smartphone line up, so I am sure they will eventually expand their horizon on tablets. Just like their Pixel OS is so refined, their tablets will be a great alternatives to iOS when it comes to android refinement without any bloatware provided by other android tablets
What do you mean by "bloat ware"? Technically, doesn't the Pixels come with it?

If I were to buy a Pixel Tablet, I would have to uninstall all of the Google stuff and install all of the apps I use. Which, by the way, most of them came pre-installed on my Tab S9 and S22 Ultra.

Last edited:

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean by "bloat ware"? Technically, doesn't the Pixels come with it?

If I were to buy a Pixel Tablet, I would have to uninstall all of the Google stuff and install all of the apps I use. Which, by the way, most of them came pre-installed on my Tab S9 and S22 Ultra.

That's what people say that Pixel Phones (earlier Nexus) with stock Android OS is smooth, less buggy, while Samsung phones are so many bloatware's that consumes the process in background.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
That's what people say that Pixel Phones (earlier Nexus) with stock Android OS is smooth, less buggy, while Samsung phones are so many bloatware's that consumes the process in background.
Yeah... But that's was like 10 years ago. Samsung moved on from TouchWiz years ago and has done more than any other OEM to innovate in the Android realm. Even Microsoft has done more to advance Android than Google has.

Google has pretty much taken the Apple route by playing it safe and releasing boring consumer centric devices. Both are playing catch up to Samsung. Samsung is the face of Android now. Whether Google likes it or not.

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... But that's was like 10 years ago. Samsung moved on from TouchWiz years ago and has done more than any other OEM to innovate in the Android realm. Even Microsoft has done more to advance Android than Google has.

Google has pretty much taken the Apple route by playing it safe and releasing boring consumer centric devices. Both are playing catch up to Samsung. Samsung is the face of Android now. Whether Google likes it or not.
Yes, and without Samsung, Google's Android OS cannot flourish. I am locked to Apple eco-system, but I say both iOS and Android are good. Its said that Microsoft didn't work hard to push Windows Phone OS when they had the opportunity with Nokia's device team. I believe in competition which is more beneficial for the consumers.

If I was given a choice to buy an Android phone for myself I would prefer Pixel 8 Pro. But for my wife and mom Galaxy S Ultra.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yes, and without Samsung, Google's Android OS cannot flourish. I am locked to Apple eco-system, but I say both iOS and Android are good. Its said that Microsoft didn't work hard to push Windows Phone OS when they had the opportunity with Nokia's device team. I believe in competition which is more beneficial for the consumers.

If I was given a choice to buy an Android phone for myself I would prefer Pixel 8 Pro. But for my wife and mom Galaxy S Ultra.
You can escape Apple's walled garden. It is not even that expensive, just tedious. The question is, "Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

You are correct. Microsoft should have stayed in the mobile OS fight. Even Nadella admitted that. It would probably be in 2nd place. But, as the saying goes, "Hindsight is 20/20."

So come on over to the Dark Side. We have Tiramisu and soon, Upside Down Cake.

meme-kid.gif

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can escape Apple's walled garden. It is not even that expensive, just tedious. The question is, "Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

You are correct. Microsoft should have stayed in the mobile OS fight. Even Nadella admitted that. It would probably be in 2nd place. But, as the saying goes, "Hindsight is 20/20."

View attachment 357223
I already have upside down cake, it's kind of weird how much it tastes like tiramisu...

maverick786us

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 357223
I might have android as my second phone. This way I can get the best out of both eco-system. Google has won AI war, something that will takes apple years to achieve. So I won't be surprised if Google surpasses Apple in Smartphone department, that will be the time I will be out of Apple's walled garden. Google entered this race bit, late buying the smartphone division from HTC, but Pixel phones hold the third place in the US.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana