Battery life on AW 2.0

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering how everyone's battery life is after updating? I've been messing around with it a lot today, so I'm hoping that may have a lot to do with it. Hoping it'll settle down a lot.

I downloaded the Google Play Music update, but it appears to be only for playing music directly on the watch. I'm not very interested in this, as I keep a lot of music on my phone, and there doesn't seem to be any way to narrow down what it downloads to the watch. Anyway, I'm sure playing around with this eats up a lot of battery life.

sebstarr

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I find the lack of phone inclusion in the do not disturb mode and uselessness of Google assistant kind of frustrating.

I am also getting spotty notifications. A vibrate but no visible indication for notification.

Anyone else? Suggestions to improve?

Caveat. It is my first day in with 2.0

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I find the lack of phone inclusion in the do not disturb mode and uselessness of Google assistant kind of frustrating.

I am also getting spotty notifications. A vibrate but no visible indication for notification.

Anyone else? Suggestions to improve?

Caveat. It is my first day in with 2.0
I went into Sound & Notifications under Settings, and found "Notification previews" there. The default was 5 seconds. Maybe try seeing it to High (always show)?

Right under that, there's a setting "do not disturb unless..." Not sure that would help you, but it's there.

I sure hope Google has a manual on Google Play Books for AW 2.0. The seems to be a lot of new stuff here.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

This. I don't understand why it doesn't automatically put your phone on do not disturb when you set your watch. Theater Mode should do this as well. Double click should put your phone + watch on silent. Single click to restore.

Disclaimer Edit: I should note that I'm still on Android Wear 1.5 as I can't update until I get home and charge. 2.0 might actually include this feature.

Last edited:

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ever since 2.0, battery sucks I loose like almost 15 to 20 percent with the phone with always on off when I got to bed,

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Ever since 2.0, battery sucks I loose like almost 15 to 20 percent with the phone with always on off when I got to bed,

I haven't noticed any difference since I updated. Always On is enabled and I get home with 40 %. Sometimes I use Google Play Music to my Bluetooth headset and that puts me in the 14-24% by bedtime.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the same level of battery drain post-update that I did before it, still only needing to charge it every other night.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting relatively the same battery life as I did with AW 1.0... May be an exra 10% used over the course of a day. Still having to charge every other day with screen always on. Also I listen to 4+ hours of streaming radio via iHeart Radio and TuneIn Radio streamed to my Bluetooth headset. I wonder how much more battery I'd have if I refrained.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
My battery drains alot faster since the update and I have the always on turned off.. wrist gestures turned off as well. For instance I disconnect my watch at 6am battery will be at about 18% by 6pm... When in the past it would be in the 40% area by 10pm.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery drains alot faster since the update and I have the always on turned off.. wrist gestures turned off as well. For instance I disconnect my watch at 6am battery will be at about 18% by 6pm... When in the past it would be in the 40% area by 10pm.

You might try using one of the stock watch faces for a few days to test if that's causing the extra battery drain. If that's not the cause, take a look at some of the apps that are installed and try uninstalling them one by one. Or reset the watch entirely and see how that affects your battery.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm stumped. I'm using the same watchface as I used on AW 1.5 and the same settings. I've done a factory reset. And I drop to 50% after only 8 hours off the charger. I've always had Always On on, so I guess I'll switch it off for now, though it never caused any problem on 1.5 . . . .

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm stumped. I'm using the same watchface as I used on AW 1.5 and the same settings. I've done a factory reset. And I drop to 50% after only 8 hours off the charger. I've always had Always On on, so I guess I'll switch it off for now, though it never caused any problem on 1.5 . . . .
I did a reset on the watch, re-paired it to my phone, and now I'm getting about what I had on 1.5 (around 30 hours).

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
You might try using one of the stock watch faces for a few days to test if that's causing the extra battery drain. If that's not the cause, take a look at some of the apps that are installed and try uninstalling them one by one. Or reset the watch entirely and see how that affects your battery.

I made a few adjustments to the settings and uninstalled an app. Seems to have helped. Thank​ you... 😃

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I did a reset on the watch, re-paired it to my phone, and now I'm getting about what I had on 1.5 (around 30 hours).

30 hours? What phone do you have it paired to? Android or ios? I have it paired to iphone 7 and get about 12-14 hours of I let it drain completely. Off the charter at 7 and have 25-30-40 percent at 8, 9 pm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty