Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default China Phones... What do you think?

China phones are famous for being cheap, high tech and have tons of features that a normal phone doesn't have... (dual sim/watch tv on mobile phone and others)

But the problem is... China phones tend to have a bad reputation on their phone's battery. There are tons of reports on the internet about China phone's battery exploded...

I did a little research myself and I found out that HuaWei is now one of the top 3 leading smart phone brands in the world... But are they reliable?

Huawei now in top 3 smartphone makers as Samsung extends lead - GSMArena.com news

Global Posts
    8,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: China Phones... What do you think?

Huawei is a reputable brand and I would not have a concern with it being faulty by design. Most, if not all, devices are probably manufactured or have parts that are sourced from China. It's the non-brand name devices that you need to be cautious of.

Huawei is China's leading smartphone maker. They will compete on the world stage on the production levels of Samsung in 3-5 years. Batteries exploding could be from knock-off chinese brands, start up companies, or even criminal counterfeit batteries or phones.

I think Huawei will be huge soon. The problem is, they need a major network carrier in the US to carry their phones to show off their goods. Otherwise, they're just a "start up" to everyone. They're probably in the position HTC was in about 3 years ago.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Aside from huawei, I would say the ad rap android phones have in the eyes of non android users (cheap plastic bricks that don't receive uodates). Is due to Chinese manufacturers. You have to remember they just entered into the industrial age about a decade ago. Their economic model seems to be based more on quantity rather than quality.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Hi everyone,

Actually, Huawei is not only a smart phone manufacturer ... this company also develops telecommunication's networks and they have worked in high developed markets like Holland, UK, Norway, Canada and Australia. Also, they have worked with popular telecom carriers like Vodafone, Bell, Telfort, etc.

In fact they also work with Motorola and together they run R&D center in China, to improve UMTS technology. By the way, Huawei is already investigating the way to implementing 5G networks.

I think the Chinese market is becoming more and more competitive, and they are in capacity to produce great quality of devices ... even Apple manufacture its products there.

I guess the key factor to avoid end with a piece of junk in the pocket is to pay attention in the history of the brands, and if all this new brands are capable of supply good customer service.

Regards