Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Huawei Ascend Plus Straight Talk Low Memory

I just bought this phone as a upgrade to the straight talk galaxy centura which is a low memory android the ascend plus has 630 mb. Of internal storage memory and only 387 mb. Of Ram. The preinstalled apps eat up most of the ram leaving around 100 mb. Apps crash and stop responding also the phone lags. The phone looks nice and has a large screen but the operating system is extremely slow. all of straight talk android phones have low memory. Im very disappointed.

Default Re: Huawei Ascend Plus Straight Talk Low Memory

Welcome to Android Central, and yeah, that's perhaps the biggest pitfall of entry-level phones. When people ask my advice, I always tell them to pay attention to how much RAM the device has (where open apps are kept in memory, to allow for fast and efficient app startup and switching--need at least 1 GB) and how much internal storage ROM (where apps are installed and data accrues, and also where the OS files are stored--need at least 8 GB if you want to do anything decent).

Here's my guide on Android memory: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]