Need to Root 2.3.4 old roots not working

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If the phone came with 2.3.4, then you will be stuck until revolutionary or someone can figure out a root method for this.

If you were rooted with s-off before, you should still have s-off and you should be able to just go through the steps of flashing CWM and superuser again. If you were previously s-off, boot to the bootloader and see if it still says s-off. It may say LOCKED at the top, but don't worry about that, as the part that matters is s-off.

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess I am stuck with a non rooted phone until I upgrade to a more popular phone.

Revolutionary isn't just for "popular phones", it works on a number of HTC phones. I would expect the next release of Revolutionary to support 2.3.4 assuming an exploit is found.

Otherwise I've heard the 0.98 HBOOT actually says "locked" which could possibly be a sign HTC may add the phone to their unlocking dev site.

phazelag

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Revolutionary isn't just for "popular phones", it works on a number of HTC phones. I would expect the next release of Revolutionary to support 2.3.4 assuming an exploit is found.

Otherwise I've heard the 0.98 HBOOT actually says "locked" which could possibly be a sign HTC may add the phone to their unlocking dev site.

Thats cool,

I am just frustrated. I am very supportive of developers. I have donated to XDA in the past for my other phones. I am new to Revolutionary. But I have found that in general more popular phones get speedier results than others from Devs cause the demand and donations come in for those. So that only makes sense.

I actually dont "need" to root my phone, but I have been spoiled, by the option. I just hate seeing all the VZ crap where on it. I do wish Android would get standardized a little more in some of these areas.

Z

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thats cool,

I am just frustrated. I am very supportive of developers. I have donated to XDA in the past for my other phones. I am new to Revolutionary. But I have found that in general more popular phones get speedier results than others from Devs cause the demand and donations come in for those. So that only makes sense.

I actually dont "need" to root my phone, but I have been spoiled, by the option. I just hate seeing all the VZ crap where on it. I do wish Android would get standardized a little more in some of these areas.

Z

I understand completely. And you're right, look at the Thunderbolt for example. A sub-par 4G phone that got a lot of Dev following. I was just saying that in this case we're a little luckier because Revolutionary is an all-in-one so we have a chance at still getting some love. :)

What I really wish is that, at purchase, all Android handsets, regardless of carrier, would allow you the choice of making your phone a "developer handset", voiding all warranties it would permanently unlock the bootloader. All developer handsets would be excluded from sending back into any company to be refurbished or anything of that nature, it would be your phone, and you would actually have the undeniable choice of what software it ran. I have a dream, for Android equality.

Last edited:

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
It seems that my suggestion went unread. Did anyone check to see if they still have S-Off? I don't see anyone mention that at all. If you still have S-Off you should just be able to start at the install CWM step in the root process. You don't need revolutionary if you have S-Off. Check your bootloader and see if you still have S-Off. Don't worry if it says LOCKED. S-Off is what you need.

shov76

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to the market and download Superuser apk. If you still have S-off you're all set. I freaked a little till I realized I just had to redownload Superuser

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Turn off fastboot under power. Then boot into your boot loader after a power down (hold vol down while powering on). You should still see s-off in the top lines of the boot loader screen. I gained s-off with Alpha early on and retained it through the OTA update to 2.3.4. You can the use fastboot (not the option on the phone but the tool from the Android SDK) to load up CWM. You can then restore old nandroids, flash new ROMs with root, etc.

If you do not have s-off, you might try this thread to downgrade your boot loader. Not sure how broad this is being used or how safe it is. [Tool] Downgrade VivoW with hboot 0.98 - xda-developers

jagansarah

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Could you please help me to root my device android 2.3.4 SAWEE10, super pad, i'm not able to root, and not able to find USB debug mode as well.
Thanks
joshjaga at aol dot com

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Could you please help me to root my device android 2.3.4 SAWEE10, super pad, i'm not able to root, and not able to find USB debug mode as well.
Thanks
joshjaga at aol dot com

This thread is for the Droid Incredible 2. There is not much information on that tablet that I can find, but I did find one guide on how to enable usb debigging and root. Last post on this page - help with rooting superpad

You may also want to post at XDA, as they tend to have more support for the low-volume devices. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38