S Pen Needs to be Returned on Trade-in?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember that S Pens don't need to be returned with the old phone, right? I got my S24U last week and am sending back my N20U tomorrow. Anyone confirmed this on this round of trade-ins?

Normally, I just send everything back, but my fiancée just broke the pen from her N20U, and I figure if mine doesn't need to go back for my trade-in, I'll just give it to her.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
You're better off just sending it in with the phone. Although the S pen on your old Note 20 Ultra may work, you won't be able to use certain features. Furthermore, it won't fit in the S24 Ultra.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
You're better off just sending it in with the phone. Although the S pen on your old Note 20 Ultra may work, you won't be able to use certain features. Furthermore, it won't fit in the S24 Ultra.
Well, not to be that person, but, the S Pen from my Mystic Bronze Note20U, fits securely with it's recognizable click in my s24 Ultra & works fine.20240211_193518.jpg
That being said, the S Pen should definitely be returned with the device.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
That's kinda cool. I know there are some S pen features that were added in the S22 Ultra that were not backwards compatible with the S21 and older. As far as it fitting, that is weird. Samsung changed the form factor slightly on the S pen. It was brought up over at XDA when the S22 Ultra came out. I believe it was slightly longer and just a little thicker. When you inserted it, did it feel normal or a little tight?

If it works. Fine, but it should go back with the old phone.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, not to be that person, but, the S Pen from my Mystic Bronze Note20U, fits securely with it's recognizable click in my s24 Ultra & works fine.View attachment 359868
That being said, the S Pen should definitely be returned with the device.
My friend stuck her s23 pen in her s24 and it got stuck she had to send her phone back I think they marked it as defective from T-Mobile. She said she had them both out and it was early in the morning and she wasn't paying attention.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
That's kinda cool. I know there are some S pen features that were added in the S22 Ultra that were not backwards compatible with the S21 and older. As far as it fitting, that is weird. Samsung changed the form factor slightly on the S pen. It was brought up over at XDA when the S22 Ultra came out. I believe it was slightly longer and just a little thicker. When you inserted it, did it feel normal or a little tight?

If it works. Fine, but it should go back with the old phone.
Note 20U, S22U, & S24U.

I hadn't tried the advanced features while using the Note S Pen with the s24U, but the basic stuff works.

The Note S Pen does seat fine in the s24U. I shook the phone & the S Pen remained in place. It feels normal & doesn't drag when you insert or remove it, as if it was tighter.

I purchased spare S Pens for the Note20U & s22U but never needed them. I won't have to bother with getting a backup for the s24U.
😊20240211_220701.jpg

Last edited:

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's a dangerous game taking in anything to Samsung let alone trying to trade in a note without a Spen that is part of the phone.

If you like to live on the edge, go for it. That could be the most expensive Spen ever.
Yeah; I ended up just ordering her a new pen and will just send mine back with the pen in it today.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
With the Samsung history of trade-in you don't want to take a risk of denying the trade-in
What history? Do you have actual proof that thousands of people have had a problem with trading in their old devices? If so, please share.

I've never had a problem, ever. The vast majority don't have problems either. So far, I've only heard of just a few people who had problems. Out of hundreds of thousands of trade-in in just a couple weeks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What history? Do you have actual proof that thousands of people have had a problem with trading in their old devices? If so, please share.

I've never had a problem, ever. The vast majority don't have problems either. So far, I've only heard of just a few people who had problems. Out of hundreds of thousands of trade-in in just a couple weeks.
Slow down I know your kinda new here , every year we have reports on trade-in with Samsung, more then welcome to do a search in the forums on each trade-in, there been horrors.

You can't speak for vast majority or thousands you can only speak for yourself I'm speaking what I see here.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

There have been many people here who had problems with their trades. These have been reported on XDA, Reddit, YouTube, and even on Samsung's official site. It is not just something on the Android Central site only. It wouldn't be mentioned on so many sites if it was not a legitimate issue.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Just because you haven't had a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've been on these forums for years and I can assure you the problem is real. I've had a trade rejected and I had to call in to correct it.. It happens and we don't hear about most rejections. I wonder how many get the rejection and just go with it for whatever reason, might be dealing with Samsung customer support is horrible.

We just seen one this time around that Samsung used a picture that obviously isn't the same phone to reject a trade in. Apple isn't perfect and Samsung isn't either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter