Who's not using screen protection?

mlavin00

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey. I'm a converted BB Storm, 8830 user who had the Incredible delivered 1 day after I ordered it. This phone is ridiculous. Anyway, I've never used screen protectors and I was wondering how many of you are out there or am I missing the boat on this. I'm not a fan of fingerprints however I'm fairly convinced that the glass is scratch resistant based upon my research. So the question is, do the screen protectors prevent prints/smudges etc. but still look and feel like the original phone? I kinda don't want to glue something to this work of art if it's not really necessary.
Mitch

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I dont have one right now, because its in the mail...get one asap man. These phones are too expensive to NOT have one.

Ghost-Armor is my favorite pick.

rab05

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not using screen protection, and I didn't use it on my BB Storm either. With a glass screen you're right, they are VERY scratch resistant. I can still to this day (after over 18 months with my Storm) just clean the screen and it's just as it came out of the box... no scratches whatsoever.

I won't be putting a protector on my incredible. They just get in the way and make the phone look bad and not be as responsive.

mudpud

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No protector yet but ill be buying one soon. Don't know if I wanna dish out the $25 for the Screenguardz that is probably no better than a cheap knockoff.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've never used screen protectors on any of my glass screen phones. I've never had any scratches on any of the screens. Protectors, some of them, do help with glare and finger prints however. But I must not have as oily fingers as most, because that hasn't ever been a huge issue with me either.

I don't believe unless you do something stupid with your phone you will ever get a scratch on it from simply dropping it.

g77rvd

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a storm for over a year and no scratches on the screen. Even dropped the p.o.s a few times down some stairs. Not doing the screen protection on my incredible. just maybe a case..

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm honestly thinging about doing nothing with this phone as far as protection. My Storm still looks as good today as it did new, screen is a bit dirtier but over all still looks good. I even did the whole talking and getting into it thing and slung the phone to the ground. It took a good lick and it slide face down across a rough asphalt surface for about 3-4 feet. Nothing happened to the case or the screen. I'm sure I may have picked up some scratches on the chrome of the face if it had not been for the case. But it was an incipio feather not like an otter box defender or something crazy.

Ah well.

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I came from a blackberry storm 2 and i never installed a screen protector on that phone. I was planning on doing the same with my incredible...until I found out that Seidio is coming out with anti glare anti fingerprint protectors. Nowise have set on pre order.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Right now, no protector, simply because the Seidio ultimate screen guards haven't shipped yet. I have a pre-order now, and I'm simply waiting to receive mine.

danielk

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I put the bucks into the 'Shell/Holster'. I can't see messing with the touch aspect, I like it the way it is.

Yes, the screen smudges easy, but that's what the end of your t-shirt is for ;)

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I've always used a screen protector. Installed the ZAGG within 15 minutes of getting my Incredible.

Also, their leather skins look pretty cool - but not yet available for DI.

trpttrooper

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I had Ghost Armor on my Incredible within the day of receiving it. I haven't felt any appreciable difference in response. Although I would say just get the face Armor, I had them put Armor on the sides too and it feels weird, ruins the nice smooth lines of the phone

Sandman824

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I probably wont get one. I had 3 different Palm Pilots over the years. They all lasted much longer than the anticipated 2 year life of a cell phone. Never had any major scratches on any of them. Remember you will be replacing this phone in 24 months or less (at least most of the people on this forum). So let it be free!

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think screen protectors take away from oily smudges and you never know on the scratches. It is only $7-10 from phantom skin. And I don't think they take away from the responsiveness at all.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I started out with not using a screen protector, then went to the VZW crappy protectors. Both ways leave a TON of fingerprints. I then got a ZAGG invisible shield from Best Buy and those leave little to no smudges. Lovin' it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87