Amzer Items on Amazon

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There's no specific forum for cases, screen protectors, etc, so not sure where this should go, but I figured this FYI was worth posting.

If you plan on buying any Amzer items from Amazon, you may have noticed that MOST of the items offered on Amazon are out of stock. Just chatted with an Amazon CSR, and she informed me that there is no shipment to be received date in their system which means there is no incoming stock scheduled for the next couple weeks. She said since its across the board on most of their products, it most likely means that Amzer is choosing not to send new shipments out to Amazon. She said it could be months before they get a shipment in, but it would be at least 2 weeks.

I figured this is pertinent in case anyone placed an order for a case or something hoping it would be in before your phone arrives (like I did).

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just to add to this, it seems like the Amzer issues go deeper than just shipping to Amazon.

As I said, I cancelled my Amazon order on Tuesday and placed an order for the item directly with Amzer as the item was 'Shipping Now' on Amzer (which means in stock). I chose their 'Standard Shipping' option over the 'Super Saver Option' (cost an extra $3) assuming the Standard was about 4 or 5 days to delivery (Texas to Georgia), as I wanted the case before I receive my phone next week. I got immediate confirmation emails that said I would receive a shipping email when my order shipped. They also have an online tracker for your order. Now, 2+ days later, no shipping email and the online tracker just lists the item as 'Transit' (not even 'In Transit'). So I sent their CS Dept. an email about it, but I read in NUMEROUS places online that they take forever to respond to emails (typically a week). So I called.

After being on hold for close to 8 minutes, got a CSR (who seemed as though it was his 2nd day on the job). He told me that Standard Shipping is typically 4 to 7 business days (expected). He also said orders are shipped as they are received. I told him my scenario, and he said, "Well, if there are a lot of orders, it may not ship until the next day." When I reminded him it had now been over 2 days, he simply said, "I see." So, I told him that if my item is in stock, its unacceptable that the order can't be fulfilled within 2 business days, especially considering I paid extra for the standard shipping. He again went into the, "Well, if we have a lot of orders..." speak. I then told them if Amazon, as large as it is, can turn around my order within 24 hours, there's no reason they can't do the same in two + days.

After that he had nothing to say for a few seconds. I finally broke the silence and said, "Is there any way my order can be shipped today, or am I going to have to cancel the order?" That's when he (finally) asked for the order number and said he would put it to the top of the shipping queue with an 'expedited' shipping tag that means it will be shipped today. So, we shall see if I get that shipping email today. If not, they may be getting another call from me tomorrow.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just order a case from them 2 weeks ago and got it last friday. It did take over a week to get "processed" but once i saw it in "transit" i got it in 3 days. I just thought the case was new and awaiting for stock to arrive. Either way i did get the case (argyle smoke gray) and its great. Don't stress it .. your case will come.

Today i get mt seidio case/holster. which i think will be my "final" case for a while.

Last edited:

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just order a case from them 2 weeks ago and got it last friday. It did take over a week to get "processed" but once i saw it in "transit" i got it in 3 days. I just thought the case was new and awaiting for stock to arrive. Either way i did get the case (argyle smoke gray) and its great. Don't stress it .. your case will come.

Today i get mt seidio case/holster. which i think will be my "final" case for a while.

That's the same case I got. So, it took a week from your order to receiving is what you're saying (you said you ordered it 2 weeks ago, and got it last Friday)? Which shipping option did you choose? Did you ever get the shipping email?

My quip was mainly that I paid extra for the faster shipping, and their website doesn't reveal how long each shipping option is or how long it takes them to process an order. Thus, if I chose overnight shipping, it does no good if it takes them 5 days to process an in stock item.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just found the email. I ordered it on 6/1/10 and got an order confirmation showing it as processing. Then i didnt get the confirmation until 6/8/10 which included a tracking number. Finally it was delivered on 6/11/10

Don't worry, just give it some time. The case itself is pretty nice. Your extra shipping is only going to speed up how fast Mr.McFeely bring it to you. ;)

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just found the email. I ordered it on 6/1/10 and got an order confirmation showing it as processing. Then i didnt get the confirmation until 6/8/10 which included a tracking number. Finally it was delivered on 6/11/10

Don't worry, just give it some time. The case itself is pretty nice. Your extra shipping is only going to speed up how fast Mr.McFeely bring it to you. ;)

6 business days to simply put your case in a box and ship it? You have far more patience than I.

And I understand that the shipping option is the time once it is shipped. But I also assume that order fulfillment for an in stock item will not be a week long process for such a large e-retailer. I don't think that's an outlandish expectation.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love being lied to.

Since I didn't receive a shipping notification yesterday, I just called them back. They told me that the expedited ship memo wasn't put in their system until 4:30pm THEIR time (I called at 1:30 eastern, which would put them at 12:30p central I believe). Ridiculous. I voiced the frustration to the CSR and he apologized, at least. He then said my order is scheduled to be shipped today. I asked him does that mean I'd get a shipping notification email today and he said yes. So, if that's the case, it should arrive here next Thursday by my calculations.

Again, I wait... I can tell you one thing though, this company is not going to have anymore of my business after this.

xblitz44x#CB

Jun 9, 2010
www.twitter.com
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a bundle of accessories for my phone, which should be arriving late next week. Your tips are appreciated.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Avoid amzer!

This is my last post in this thread (unless people want updates), but here's my message:

AVOID AMZER!!

I just called the company again, as I was told earlier today that my case would ship today and I still haven't received a shipping confirmation.

The CSR I got on the phone tells me this, "Your item hasn't shipped because we are waiting for more stock of the Amzer Argyle Case." WHAT!?!?!? :mad::mad::mad:

Needless to say, I am quite steamed. I asked him why it still shows as 'Shipping Now' on the website, and get this bit of yarn he spun: "The website is under construction now. It will take time for item updates to show up." I then asked, "How long have you been waiting for the new stock." His answer: "Since Monday." He also says they have no ETA on the new stock coming in, but it could be "a while". I then asked about canceling the order, and he had the AUDACITY to say there would be a fee assessed for the cancellation. Basically, the order is placed, I've been charged, but I may not get my items before Christmas.

I can't believe this company is run like this. They are the anti-Amazon.com. One lie after another coming out of Customer Service.

I got the number to a 'manager' and have left a voicemail. He will get a call from me first thing Monday if he fails to call back today. I'm also contacting the BBB as well. I feel the company purposely misrepresents information in order to keep the customer in the dark. Not ethical on any level. I have been charged already, yet have no idea when my items will be delivered. They might as well have taken my money and said, "We'll send you your product sometime between now and October."

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Companies like this I don't do business with. Thanks for the heads up, not that I liked any of their products anyways lol. Sounds like they may have a supply chain issue that nobody can give dates on hence what you got told through Amazon and CSR's from the company.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know I said I was done, but this will be the final update.

Called the manager back today. He was actually quite helpful, but whether he upkeeps the 'lie to make the customer shut up' mantra the CSR's follow is to be seen.

His explanation was that the item is indeed out of stock as of last Monday. He told me the website is connected to the inventory management system, so he isn't sure why it isn't updating properly, but he will update it. He said it may be because they do have other colors of the cover in-stock, but he wasn't sure.
He did say he is going to have the warehouse manager double check to make sure they don't have any of the color I ordered hiding somewhere. He also offered to send me another color if I wanted (I said no, don't like the other colors). He did say that they expected the new shipment to reach them on Friday, but it got delayed and should be arriving there tonight or tomorrow. But, if he can find one in the warehouse he'd have it sent today. Otherwise, he'll have it sent out to me ASAP when they get the stock in tomorrow. He said they would expedite shipping, so I'd have it Thursday at the latest. Finally, once he had all the info he needed, he'd call me back with an update.

Again, a lot of talk of pleasing things, but whether they deliver is to be seen.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If I go more than 5 days past ordering with no product in hand I cancel my order and take my money somewhere else. Unless it tells me ahead of time that their will be a delay in shipping and give me a time frame, not an estimate, then there is no reason to not have your product to me in 5 days in this JIT delivery world. I've seen 12,000 lb. die presses come from Germany overnight. So come on.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
if i go more than 5 days past ordering with no product in hand i cancel my order and take my money somewhere else. Unless it tells me ahead of time that their will be a delay in shipping and give me a time frame, not an estimate, then there is no reason to not have your product to me in 5 days in this jit delivery world. i've seen 12,000 lb. Die presses come from germany overnight. So come on.

mwahahahahaha!!!!!

ezun

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Can someone list other good sites where we can order product. Amazon seems pretty good, NewEgg seems low on options. What else is out there?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Amzer is getting a call from me tomorrow, and I am either A) Getting free shipping, B) Getting a free case, or C) All of the above.

Amzer? Luxe Argyle Skin Case - Smoke Grey For HTC DROID Incredible PB31200

That's what I ordered. Notice that the stock now reads "Ships on 7/2". That was updated within the last couple hours (Eastern time), over a week after I placed my order that was supposedly 'in stock'. So, evidently the manager promising me I would get my case either tomorrow or Thursday AT THE LATEST was just another lie to top of the layer cake of lies I've already been fed. Also, he has yet to call me back either (as he also promised).

I placed my order a week ago thinking it was in stock and I'd have it by the end of this week, at the latest. I paid extra for faster shipping. I get my phone (hopefully) Friday, and now will have to go w/o a case for what appears to be 10 days. I wonder if Amzer will pay for a replacement if I happen to drop/damage my phone in that 10 days?

Sorry for harping on this (I guess I've been lying about my 'last' posts), but I just need to vent about this s#!t show I've dealt with.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Same situation, if I don't get my product in a few days I'm going to post the conversation I had with them over email. The guy I've been talking to is bard Ankit BTW, same as yours?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No idea what my guy's name is, as they all have thick Indian accents. He might be saying 'Ankit' or he could be saying 'Van Kip'. No idea. He's definitely not saying 'Bard' beforehand.

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
MA2GA28, please keep updating this! I am looking for a case if I end up getting this phone (between this and the X). If you cancel your order the EPIK case has a good rep with BB users. They appear to be selling them for the DINC now too. They are primarily sold on ebay and ship from hong kong... But us sellers do buy them in bulk and then resell them.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think i mentioned it before, but i noticed on the website when i ordered mine it said that case was shipping in about a week. The very next day it said now shipping, so i would agree they have an issue with updating their inventory, for either a pc issue or they do that just so they can get orders submitted that might not normally be if it said out of stock. Either way.. you should get your case. I'm not saying its right that people are misinformed about inventory but i seriously dont think AMZER is trying to rip you off.

The EPIK cases are the same, and look pretty good too.

@MA2GA28 i might consider selling you mine if that would calm your nervs a little.