Accessories designed for extended batteries?

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This phone does a ton of stuff and I'm using everything that I can when I want. The 1750 has a ton of accessories that can be used for a stock phone but if I have to be creative with cases to use my phone the way I want so be it. "Life's a garden, Dig it"

wedgemoose

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Dark, i would think before buying the 2150 battery. It is DISGUSTING!!!!! i have had big batt's for my phones but this one is rediculous. It makes the biggest ugliest bump i have ever seen. I put it in my phone and pulled it out instantly. Still sitting in my drawer for the one time I might actually need it over looks (emergency). But it destroys the phone. I can't see anyone putting that batt in an Incredible and keeping it in. Trust me I want more Batt than anyone but this just isn't right. the way it looks is unacceptable. Extended Batt always ruin a nice slim phone but what this one does to the DINC should be illegal!!!!!!!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Dark, i would think before buying the 2150 battery. It is DISGUSTING!!!!! i have had big batt's for my phones but this one is rediculous. It makes the biggest ugliest bump i have ever seen. I put it in my phone and pulled it out instantly. Still sitting in my drawer for the one time I might actually need it over looks (emergency). But it destroys the phone. I can't see anyone putting that batt in an Incredible and keeping it in. Trust me I want more Batt than anyone but this just isn't right. the way it looks is unacceptable. Extended Batt always ruin a nice slim phone but what this one does to the DINC should be illegal!!!!!!!

Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for your opinion... :)

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm really not sure what to make of the battery, honestly.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (it's already at my local fedex facility, they just don't want to deliver it until tomorrow) so I dropped by a Verizon store today to check out the accessories. Unfortunately, they didn't have any of the batteries or covers for me to take a look. Pictures are one thing, but as far as I can tell, they show a very distorted picture and I really need to see this for myself somehow.

That said, for the moment I don't want to have to mod anything and a case I feel is required, so I'm stuck with the 1300 or 1500 batteries until someone comes out with accessories (or, hell, mods a couple dozen and sells them) before I look at the 2150/3500.

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't say I'm dead set against it, but the numbers don't make much sense.
If I can get an OEM 1500 that provides 1500 for $15, vs a 1750 that only provides around 1600 for $40, it doesn't seem to make much sense, financially. Roughly 7% increase in capacity for 266% increase in price.

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, just from experience with the 1750 though, I EASILY get 6-7 more hours out of the 1750 than I do the original OEM 1300 battery. I can only get 5-6 hours out of the 1300, but can get 13-14 out of the 1750. Just my 2 cents, take it as you will :)

p.s. It has been 8 hours since unplugging my phone and I still have 66% left with moderate use (1750 battery)

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the stats.
I wish there was a way for people to report the amount of power (actual milliamps they're using) to remove the "guesswork." At this point, the 1750 should theoretically provide about 35% more power than the 1300 (assuming it carries the full 1750, but testing shows closer to 1600 on the high end) so it should last 35% longer. So from 6 hours, should go up to 8.1 hours, which is clearly isn't, so something else is at play here. It's "only" 300mah but if the phone consumes 50mah then it's an additional 6 hours.. which again doesn't make sense because 1300 draining in 6 hours runs at over 216mah.

Math sucks in the real world.

Bro-row

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I think the 2150 looks and feels just fine. In addition, I can easily do whatever I want on this phone on a daily basis now with heavy usage. With light to moderate I easily get 2 days. I simply use a screen protector and no case. The 1750 was good but didn't give me near what the 2150 has. In addition, I am definitely hoping for a software battery fix because ideally I would rather have the same performance with the stock look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87