Nil's Gingersense 3.0 Vvm problem

fiend2386

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm having a problem that from what I've searched seems to be a common one. However, I haven't seen any concrete answers on a proper way to fix it. I recently put Gingersense 3.0 on my Incredible and it's awesome, however I lost my vvm. I've tried google voice, and you mail and I don't like them, so I'm really anxious to get back to the stock vvm experience. I've tried everything from downloading the droid x vvm.apk, and the really old school verizon one, however both haven't worked that well. I've pulled the apk from the official gingerbread update from last week to try and install it, but I haven't had any luck using the install function, or flashing the .zip. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm having a problem that from what I've searched seems to be a common one. However, I haven't seen any concrete answers on a proper way to fix it. I recently put Gingersense 3.0 on my Incredible and it's awesome, however I lost my vvm. I've tried google voice, and you mail and I don't like them, so I'm really anxious to get back to the stock vvm experience. I've tried everything from downloading the droid x vvm.apk, and the really old school verizon one, however both haven't worked that well. I've pulled the apk from the official gingerbread update from last week to try and install it, but I haven't had any luck using the install function, or flashing the .zip. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

This might be a long shot but its worth a try.

I'm hoping you backed up all your apps from your original stock ROM with titanium or a similar app. If not, stop reading and disregard this post.
If you did, you might try going into titanium and just restoring VVM from there...app only of course with no data.

I've done this a few times for various apps...some times it works...some times it doesn't. I'm sure there's a whole lengthy explanation for why. Give it a shot, see what happens.

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Find these 2 lines in your /system/build.prop and make sure they are set to false

ro.HorizontalVVM = false
ro.HorizontalBUA = false

If they are already false let me know

fiend2386

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Find these 2 lines in your /system/build.prop and make sure they are set to false

ro.HorizontalVVM = false
ro.HorizontalBUA = false

If they are already false let me know

I've actually tried that a few times, but I can't seem to find those two lines in there at all. I've looked through the file at least 5 times prior to this because that's a common answer when I search the problem, I just haven't found it. If it would be in any particular place in the file that I would over look, feel free to point me in the right direction. I appreciate the help, and I love the ROM

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
You may need to add them right before the line that reads
#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

add these

# Set Horizontal VVM = true and HorizontalBUA = true for Incredible#C/Lexikon/Mecha/VivoW Verizon build
# Then Verizon VVM/BuA program can check this property to known if there is a Native VVM/BuA in ROM
ro.HorizontalVVM = false
ro.HorizontalBUA = false

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana